17 peope beheaded for listening to music and dancing.

Welcome to the religion of misery.

Humans can be charitable and kind, and sometimes religion can motivate these characteristics.

But humans can also be petty and jealous, there's comparative happiness, and sometimes religion can motivate these characteristics.

This is what happens when people restrict themselves from natural enjoyments. Food, sex, music, dancing etc. When their religion becomes a religion of misery. They see other people enjoying themselves and it makes them unhappy and jealous, if they stop them from enjoying themselves, preferably to the point of being less happy than themselves, it makes them happy.

:(

No point in honestly stating an opinion on this subject, since it will only be reported as "racist" and my post removed. Some members of this forum are very trigger happy with the report button when anything critical of Islam or that part of the world is written on here.

The Taliban is as much part of mainstream Islam as the Ku Klux Klan is part of mainstream Christianity. That is to say they are a bunch of utter nutters. I've got no problem with "normal" Muslims, it's just the lunatics on the fringes that give them all a bad name sadly.

The Taliban is as much part of mainstream Islam as the Ku Klux Klan is part of mainstream Christianity. That is to say they are a bunch of utter nutters. I've got no problem with "normal" Muslims, it's just the lunatics on the fringes that give them all a bad name sadly.

If it's only a fringe element how come almost the whole middle east and south Asia are pretty much the same?

These are the places where Islam is followed most closely, where the religion's adherant's take it most seriously. The simple fact is that popularity of Islam and how seriously it is taken is inversely proportional to human rights and civilised society.

Read this post quick people before a sensitive soul reports it as "racist" and the post removed.

If it's only a fringe element how come almost the whole middle east and south Asia are pretty much the same?

These are the places where Islam is followed most closely, where the religion's adherant's take it most seriously. The simple fact is that popularity of Islam and how seriously it is taken is inversely proportional to human rights and civilised society.

Read this post quick people before a sensitive soul reports it as "racist" and the post removed.

Have you ever travelled to these places that you mention?

You dont need to actualy visit them yourself.

We have the internet, world news and other ways of finding out who these people live.

Me though, ive visited many of them and i can tell you this.

They are dumps i wouldnt make a dog live in for the most part.

You must have visited different places to me then. However, just because it's a "dump" doesnt mean it's full of people ready to cut your head off for dancing.

Take away the Taliban and they will be replaced by .......Taliban 2. Maybe not the same name but the same ideals..........and this force will be made up by .........err Afghans, Pakistanis etc. It's human nature for some to think they are better than others and try and impose their ideals upon others.

A bit like on here for instance, with some of the previous comments.

Posts containing insults, bickering masked swearing and the usual dross that seems to appear in these threads removed.

If you have a problem with moderation take it to the helpdesk. If you cannot post within forum rules then expect a ban. If this thread degenerates again it will be closed. Discuss the subject like rational adults please.

The London ones are all dead and if you know anything about training camps you ought to be talking to the police.

People from this country going to Taliban training camps is common knowledge I think even the police will know about it by now.

People from this country have carried out, attempted to, preached about and aided acts of terror in support of these people.

Mod Note

If you wish to discuss an atrocity that occurred in a foreign country, then discuss an atrocity that occurred in a foreign country, do not attempt to suggest that because a group of individuals performed a horrendous act then this means somehow that the entire ethnic or religious group they belong to is responsible.

Keep it on topic please, or the thread will be closed.

Mod Note

If you wish to discuss an atrocity that occurred in a foreign country, then discuss an atrocity that occurred in a foreign country, do not attempt to suggest that because a group of individuals preformed a horrendous act then this means somehow that the entire ethnic or religious group they belong to is responsible.

Keep it on topic please, or the thread will be closed.

Oh dear, we're gonna lose 90% of thread contribution now.

Archived