Pavillion Cinema Attercliffe Common

Saw my first ever film at the Pavilion in 1955. The Court Jester starring Danny Kaye. Walked all the way home to Grimesthorpe, seemed a long way when you were 5 years old.

Wasn't it where Ice Sheffield is now located ?

Joan,

Which end of Leigh street, sheffield or rotherham.

I remember a cinema bang opposite the end of Leigh street and i think it was called the Sunbeam, now demolished and taken up by the Sheffield sports center which is on Colridge road.

Incidentally my father inlaw was the projectionist at the Adelphi for many years, his name was Wilf Moore.

Southfork.

Joan,

Which end of Leigh street, sheffield or rotherham.

I remember a cinema bang opposite the end of Leigh street and i think it was called the Sunbeam, now demolished and taken up by the Sheffield sports center which is on Colridge road.

Incidentally my father inlaw was the projectionist at the Adelphi for many years, his name was Wilf Moore.

Southfork.

Leigh St came up from Liverpool Rd to Attercliffe common.....the Pav was at that end, on Attercliffe Common. My gran mentioned a few names from the 'delphi but can't recall a Wilf. She died in 1968 though.

hi when i was akid i spent most saturdays at the pavillion with most otf the kids on our street i remember boys at the back aways had pea shooters great fun poor usherettes were run off there feet good memories j

I remember you ...... you also worked there for a short while and used to whack me on the head with your usherettes torch if I didn't behave myself..... never been right in the head since

I remember you ...... you also worked there for a short while and used to whack me on the head with your usherettes torch if I didn't behave myself..... never been right in the head since
i did you right but has im getting on my memory is failing well that my excuse but im sure you must have deserved it haha j

Can anyone remember the Pavillion Pictures on Atterclife Common? It probably stood somewhere near where the current poilce staion is.

I remember in the 60's going on a Saturday, not sure if it was morning or afternoon. Always full of excited kids - no parents.

Think there was always 'Mask of Zorro' or 'The Lone Ranger' something like that. All the kids got really excited when it came on.

Come on, some one out there must know some history of the place, please share it as I have some really good but vague memories.

Wasn't it at the bottom of Coleridge road junction with the Common?

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone remember the Pavillion Pictures on Atterclife Common? It probably stood somewhere near where the current poilce staion is.

I remember in the 60's going on a Saturday, not sure if it was morning or afternoon. Always full of excited kids - no parents.

Think there was always 'Mask of Zorro' or 'The Lone Ranger' something like that. All the kids got really excited when it came on.

Come on, some one out there must know some history of the place, please share it as I have some really good but vague memories.

Yes I rember the PAV....gone now, across the road on the corner was a Pawn Shop which had all sorts of things in the window, guitars, drums etc. Many a good time spent in the Pavillion........down the road a little towards sheffield was the Globe picture house. The manager used to wear black tuxedo with bow tie and stand in tyhe doorway to greet the patrons.....this was in the 50s

Opposite end of Leigh St....I used to go to Saturday Morning Cinema. When it was my birthday once I went up on stage and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me and a couple others but I was the one that got to start the projecter and start the fil rolling......:hihi: When I walked off stage they all sang "I Married Joan" to me....remember that programme:?:Joan Davis I think it was.

The song I married Joan I think was........'I married Joan, what a girl what a whirl what a wife etc.

Archived