Pavillion Cinema Attercliffe Common

i think pavillion picture house would have been fifty /100 yards further on from where police station is now. it was opposite Liverpool st, a bank was on one corner and secondhand shop on the other corner,a few yards further down was a remembrance garden i think its still there today as hilltop something or other it is over grown looking at it on google earth from the road side.

remember the Pavilion very well went every sat afternoon to the matinee and as you say it was the lone ranger or zoro or the range rider . great days alas all gone . It was situated about 50yards past rotherham street if im not mistaken .

• 2 months later...

I lived on Amberley st, and walked up every saturday with my mates to the pictures in the late sixties, yes zorro was a favourite and so were the zoom lollies from the ice cream girls at the front. It was opposite the peace gardens where we spent many a summers day as kids, the highlight for us kids was seeing the pg tip monkeys at the pavillion, we took so many pg tip packets that we saved and got in free. We used to sneak in the exit doors to watch carry on camping, those were the days, then scollops from the little wonder chippy,

Life was simple then as a kid!!!

I think you will find the Pavillion was close to the junction of Broughton Lane and Attercliffe Common.Towards town on the other side was The Globe and higher up The Adelphi The Adelphi is still standing just by Attercliffe Church.

Can anyone remember the roller skating rink on the common?That was next to the Adelphi

I think you will find the Pavillion was close to the junction of Broughton Lane and Attercliffe Common.Towards town on the other side was The Globe and higher up The Adelphi The Adelphi is still standing just by Attercliffe Church.

Can anyone remember the roller skating rink on the common?That was next to the Adelphi

I remember going to the roller skating rink, used to love it.

There was a thread about it some time ago I think.

It wasn't next to the Adelphi though. The Adelphi was down a small side street, I think it's still there.

The roller skating rink was further down towards carbrook on the left side if I remember right.

The Adelphi was on Vicarage Road, next one up from Newhall Road. There was a gennel from Newhall Rd (opposite Norman St) to Vicarage Rd (school clinic was there too). I was born on Newhall Rd where the yard entrance came out on Norman St......The only skating rink I knew of was on Zion Lane, side of church, above Websters Furniture Shop. I left there in the 60's.

The Adelphi was on Vicarage Road, next one up from Newhall Road. There was a gennel from Newhall Rd (opposite Norman St) to Vicarage Rd (school clinic was there too). I was born on Newhall Rd where the yard entrance came out on Norman St......The only skating rink I knew of was on Zion Lane, side of church, above Websters Furniture Shop. I left there in the 60's.
thats where the skating rink was above websters i used to three times aweek such memories j

Broughton lane is a good 5min walk from the pavilion towards Tinsley just past Janson Street ,The Globe was just a bit further down from the P avilion towards town next to Hunts icecream factory .

---------- Post added 31-12-2012 at 20:32 ----------

There was another skating rink opposite Broughton lane and a herbalist where we used to spend most of our time during the holidays wonderful days where has the time gone 50s and 60s great days .

Archived