Pavillion Cinema Attercliffe Common

Was that near a chapel then. Carbrook chapel or something:?:

Yes it was. Do you remember Woolworths, Bettys Boston Shoe Shop/Greenlees you could buy banners cheques from the shoe shop go straight across to Banners and get rigged out from top to toe. Your money used to go into a chute and was whizzed out of sight. Attercliffe was a terrific shopping centre, it would beat the pathetic state of our town centre to-day.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember you ...... you also worked there for a short while and used to whack me on the head with your usherettes torch if I didn't behave myself..... never been right in the head since

I think i sat next to you on saturday mornings and i also remember that usherette i agree you did deserve that whack on the head alltho she was a bit mean with the icecreams

dont forget the doctors Dr Wainright Gething and the Irish one

They were my doctors and they were brilliant, always listened to you. Dr Wainright was related to Dr Pettigrew at Firth Park surgery and she too was a top class doctor. Doctors like these nowadays are very few and far between.

They were my doctors and they were brilliant, always listened to you. Dr Wainright was related to Dr Pettigrew at Firth Park surgery and she too was a top class doctor. Doctors like these nowadays are very few and far between.

too true.they had time for all

Archived