Pavillion Cinema Attercliffe Common

Hi Brian, give my regards to Hazel, Margaret sadly died when she was 34, she married Dave Sheridan and had 4 children and her and the kids bought my Mum's house @ no. 4. Her parents, Nellie & Harry moved to St. Lawrence Road which was where she passed away. Luckily they lived just across from me as we lived in the Doctors House on the corner of Harrowden Road so I was able to spend a lot of time with her at the end of her life. So very tragic.

---------- Post added 13-02-2013 at 19:39 ----------

Hi Dave d Whereabout was the doctors surgery? was it on Harrowden Road? I know there was a Dr. Sparkes and Dr. Griffiths on Sheffield Road and I bought the house and Surgery @ Harrowden Road but we boought it from Dr. Holroyd. He went to be a ships Doctor. A Dr. Cacker rented the surgery from us for a time. We then returned it back to a house. The business rates cost us more then the rent we got so it wasn't viable.

Hi pauline,i am talking about DR Botros his surgery was on attercliffe road about where Janson st joins,about Margret Sheridan,My wife and i lived next door to her on Newburn dr. 1970

Gosh Dave D what a small world this is I lived in the same yard as Margaret & David on Newburn Drive. Next door to her was old Mrs White and next door to me was old man Bishop so you must have lived in the yard below us. We then moved to Harrowden Road.

Hi Pauline,no we lived in the same yard as Margaret,at number 49 Dinah and Trevor lived in the yard,we only lived there for 12 months.Our daughter was born there.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure I'm writing this in the right place.

I'm an historian doing some research on the Adelphi cinema in Attercliffe, looking for people who might have some stories about the place. A lot of people on here seem to remember it so if you have any particular memories you would like to share then please get in touch. We are hoping to include the Adelphi in a Sheffield Theatres performance which will take place along the canal, using stories from the surrounding area to bring histry to life.

Thanks.

Hi Dave D Mr. Bishop was Dinahs grandad. Her and Trevor got divorced. We lived next door where there was a small porch on the back door. Did you enjoy your stay there, did you move out of Tinsley then? I haven't been back there since we left but I have heard it has changed out of recognition. All the best Pauline

Hi Dave D Mr. Bishop was Dinahs grandad. Her and Trevor got divorced. We lived next door where there was a small porch on the back door. Did you enjoy your stay there, did you move out of Tinsley then? I haven't been back there since we left but I have heard it has changed out of recognition. All the best Pauline

Hi Pauline,yes we enjoyed living in the house,both Margaret and Dinah made us very welcome,in fact Margaret was in and out all the time,We moved to Handsworth.We have never gone back I know the area is not the same.But we have plenty of happy memories,Margaret pinching chips off my plate! and fussing over our baby(now 42).We were saddened when we heared she had passed away.Regards Dave d.

Archived