Tank graveyard at Darnall

it was on left handside before tinsley park cemertry

i bet somone made a fortune breaking the tanks and planes, those were the days when if you were in the right place at the right time you cuold become wealthy. I know a lot of very poor lads from the cliffe who became rich. do you know any?.

can any one remember the army dump on greenland road darnell ?. it was our play ground when we were kids living on the (cliff) around 1955_57. it was a vast area full of tanks and armoured vehecles from world war 2. i found a bren gun up there and took it home, my grandad took it off me , gave me a slap . he took me down to the police station with the gun and handed it in. fun days.....!!!

used to play there all the time told stories to my son but the little focker would;nt believe me if i show him this ell change is mind...

I once heard of someone buying a Bedford lorry at an army surplus sale at a knockdown price and when he got it home it had two brand new motorbikes in crates in the back, but lots of such tales abounded and may be untrue. A true story is of a scrap yard called Bolton's who had a report in the Star in the 1960's when they bought new, crated jet engines for Vulcan bombers for £60 !

I once heard of someone buying a Bedford lorry at an army surplus sale at a knockdown price and when he got it home it had two brand new motorbikes in crates in the back, but lots of such tales abounded and may be untrue. A true story is of a scrap yard called Bolton's who had a report in the Star in the 1960's when they bought new, crated jet engines for Vulcan bombers for £60 !
Was it a mechanic that lived on littledale because i know a chap many years ago bought a bedford van full of bikes and they were unknown to be inside when he purchased it .

• 1 month later...