UK women going to USA to choose sex of baby

Leave it to politicians and arrogant medics?Sex -selection is a health issue although there are ethical and philosophical dimension and I daresay the Church will have a view as it seems to question Gods impotence.
Sex selection is not a health issue.

Utter nonsense! Man stopped evolving in this country only very recently. Natural selection played a major role until the invention of vaccines and antibiotics and the rest of modern medicine, although the ability to make clothing, shelter and fire slowed some aspects of our evolution down a bit. Now, in fact, we are regressing as a population due to genetically weak individuals living long enough to reproduce and their offspring benefiting from modern medicine, when before, they would have died without a trace.

Oh, and the male and female ratio is very, very close to 1:1. (502:498 is effectively 1:1.) If left to primitive cultures (aka primitive people), it would be wildly different.

I do not recommend you rely on the figures I used to contradict at an earlier stage.What do you mean by genetically weak individuals?

That seems to suggest that if they were to have a child of the "wrong" undesired sex, they would be dissatisfied, possibly resentful. If that's even a possibility, I'd suggest they shouldn't bother trying for another child, they should love whatever comes out in equal measure to their previous offspring.
Absolutely! I think some parents start out with the idea that they'll get a refund if their child turns out to be a bit thick, or under-performs at sport!

Everyone wouldn't choose boys, but if they did then humans would just become extinct, I’m sure that people would start choosing girls well before that happens. This also isn’t going to available for everyone, only an insignificant minority will even want to choose or be in the financial position to choose.
I disagree with 'tiny minority'. In some cultures, it will be the large majority.

Look, who's going to want to want to bring a child into the world at all if there's a large population imbalance? If it's a boy, there'll be terrible and bloody competition for a mate, and if it's a girl, she'' be fought to the death over by loads of sex-starved men ranging from young to old, and would likely find any partner whom she agreed to be with, if she had any choice at all, would be killed through jealousy! She'd spend her life fighting off sex attackers and would probably wish she'd never been born. Or do you think that these single men would just quietly accept their singularity?

I disagree with 'tiny minority'. In some cultures, it will be the large majority.

Look, who's going to want to want to bring a child into the world at all if there's a large population imbalance? If it's a boy, there'll be terrible and bloody competition for a mate, and if it's a girl, she'' be fought to the death over by loads of sex-starved men ranging from young to old, and would likely find any partner whom she agreed to be with, if she had any choice at all, would be killed through jealousy! She'd spend her life fighting off sex attackers and would probably wish she'd never been born. Or do you think that these single men would just quietly accept their singularity?

I imagine the cost of such a procedure will keep the numbers low.

But if you are right, maybe nature will balance things out by making the boys guy. :rolleyes:

I do not recommend you rely on the figures I used to contradict at an earlier stage.What do you mean by genetically weak individuals?
People who would not survive to reproductive age without drugs etc., or who would likely die from infection due to weak immune systems and other health problems and so on and so forth.

Archived