Paralympic Games (inc. opening/closing ceremonies) 2012

The two commentators talking at the start of the procession seemed to fall out with each other pretty quickly. Bitching and interrupting each other, they were! :o Someone stepped in to stop one of them rambling, and his comments seemed to me as though they were intended to be off-air! Not a good start.

I heard that,i thought i hadn't heard right.:o

tedious is an understatement

What was tedious?

Admittedly it wasn't on the same scale as the Olympic Ceremony,but the atmosphere has been amazing,have you ever seen as many happy faces and jubilant people as you saw in that parade.

Win or lose when the games start, they are going to have a wonderful time.

I thought that the little I watched of the opening ceremony was pretty good, and I've watched a bit of the swimming today. It's amazing to see people overcome major disabilities to compete. Some of it really makes sense, like totally blind swimmers - very much a level playing field, as it were, but I have real doubts over some of the categories where people with very different disabilities compete against each other. I just don't see how they can be fairly matched. Still, that's probably missing the point!

Archived