Paralympic Games (inc. opening/closing ceremonies) 2012

Absolutely amazing. It was a shame that C4 cut to commercials while they were handing out some medals though.

We didn't miss anything apart from a bit of one of the introductions though, the entire ceremony was running on a delay after that advert break.

Did anyone just see that, the closing Paralympic ceremony, all I can say is wow, now that is how you do it, Coldplay absolutely smashed it to pieces and there were so many god damn fireworks it looked like Guy Fawkes had be resurrected from the grave.

My opinions of this mind boggingly extraordinary golden year of sport is simple. Team GB - Mission accomplished.

And to all the volunteers, games makers, organisers and producers - A job very well done indeed.

Tomorrow will be the biggest and most agonising withdrawal symptom ever.

and to all those naysayers ....... hmmm we need a two finger salute smiley :)

A big thank you to the main people who brought the Games, both Olympic and Paralympic, to GB: Tony Blair, David Beckham and Seb Coe. :banana::clap::banana::clap:

You thank Phony Blair because you couldn't bring yourself to thank a single Tory. Only you would try to make a political statement from that has been in the most part a non political issue throughout its run.

Sad sad little man

You thank Phony Blair because you couldn't bring yourself to thank a single Tory. Only you would try to make a political statement from that has been in the most part a non political issue throughout its run.

Sad sad little man

Where is it a political statement? :loopy:

I think you'll find that Seb is a Tory peer, you ignorant little man.

Absolutely amazing. It was a shame that C4 cut to commercials while they were handing out some medals though.

Biggest shame was it had to go to channel 4 in the first place. Is the paraolympics not good enough for the Beeb! It seems in some quaters they are still second rate citizens.

Biggest shame was it had to go to channel 4 in the first place. Is the paraolympics not good enough for the Beeb! It seems in some quaters they are still second rate citizens.

The TV rights were sold for an enormous amount, and the BBC did have the main Olympics of course- so what's the problem in C4 having them? It's hardly a 'shame' now, is it?

I thought it was AMAZING Shed more than one tear I'll confess especially Seb Coes speech and when the audience stood and applauded the volunteers. My sons girlfriend has volunteered in both the Olypics and Paralympics . Last night she was one of the ushers showing the athletes to their seats and she said the atmosphere was electric in the stadium and the fireworks were stupendous ! So I'll add my twopennorth as well. Well done Mehreen and the thousands like you . You are AMAZING!! And you did us all in the UK proud x

The TV rights were sold for an enormous amount, and the BBC did have the main Olympics of course- so what's the problem in C4 having them? It's hardly a 'shame' now, is it?

Because firstly it meant adverts.

Secondly we all know the primary tv station in this country is the BBC so for the BBC not to have it is an appaling indictment on how the government feels about the paraolympics. If the olympics were good enough for Auntie then so should be the paraolympics.

Because firstly it meant adverts.

Secondly we all know the primary tv station in this country is the BBC so for the BBC not to have it is an appaling indictment on how the government feels about the paraolympics. If the olympics were good enough for Auntie then so should be the paraolympics.

Everything the BBC shows has to be paid for. They bid around £5m for the rights to show the paralympics, Channel 4 bid £9m. The BBC has also effectively had it's budget cut over the current licence fee agreement period, with the fee being frozen and the BBC being given even more stuff to pay for, and being told they have to spend more money on non-BBC things (like the digital switchover publicity, and soon, buying content off the new local TV stations).

If you would be willing for your licence fee to increase in order to pay for the BBC to increase its spend on sporting rights, I suggest you write to the BBC and your MP.

Archived