Any old churches open in the daytime?

I have a bit of interest in looking around old chuches (inside). Due to all the thefts etc, churches tend to be locked-up unless there is a service ongoing. Does anyone know of any that are open during the day for browsing around?

I don`t mind travelling in to Derbyshire as that would be a little drive out in the countryside too, although not wanting to drive too far.

Thanks

The one in Stoney Middleton is very interesting due to the fact its hexagon shape. Theres also a Victorian baths at the back and a natural hot spring(well warm anyway).

All churches in areas like sheffield tend to be locked when empty, i remember my local church being open all the time though in the 90's, but now too is locked however you can go and see the vicar who will let you in. St Patrick church Patrington is worth a visit.

The bickering and accusations can cease now please.

Bickering and accusations? I go away for a few hours and return to see this. I can't imagine how such an innocuous topic could result in bickering and accusations,

Do tell!

Archived