56.7% of birth in London to foreign mums

Doesn’t the title make it clear.

A quarter of babies born in hospital in England and Wales has a foreign-born mother

The mothers were born somewhere other than the UK.

So?

Probably 99% of British children aren't Sheffielders, that's a far more alarming statistic.

In my opinion they're creating a really good Olympic squad for 2032 - Polish shotputters, Indian hockey players, Ethiopian long-distance runners and hopefully a few Jamaican sprinters.

and not forgetting the brazillian footballers and romanian pickpockets...:hihi:

Doesn’t the title make it clear.

A quarter of babies born in hospital in England and Wales has a foreign-born mother

The mothers were born somewhere other than the UK.

I have no idea why the number of mothers born outside the UK is even something worthy of reference unless you have a problem with the 'outrageously high' proportion, as it appears that the DM have.

The implication that mothers born outside the UK are somehow something less than desirable is very clear, and very unpleasant.

I have no idea why the number of mothers born outside the UK is even something worthy of reference unless you have a problem with the 'outrageously high' proportion, as it appears that the DM have.

The implication that mothers born outside the UK are somehow something less than desirable is very clear, and very unpleasant.

From the link.

According to official figures, the average hospital birth can cost £1,600, meaning the total cost to the NHS of these would have been at least £30million.

Some of the women will have been born abroad and settled in the UK but a number will have visited just to use the NHS.

So called ‘health tourism’ as a whole is thought to cost taxpayers as much as £200million a year.

Archived