56.7% of birth in London to foreign mums

Child benefit is peanuts. Of course the government can afford to do this.

If the parent is working why on earth shouldn't they get the same benefit as anyone else?

The government don't pay it. We do. The government just distribute the money.

Its only right and proper that taxpayers take an interest in how that money is distributed and to whom.

I didn't say you think it's racist to discuss immigration, i was saying people discuss immigration on costs, not appearance

People discuss immigration for lots of reasons, 'costs' is one of them. Racists generally don't like immigration either, but that's not to say that everyone who has concerns about immigration is a racist, far from it.

Child benefit is peanuts. Of course the government can afford to do this.

If the parent is working why on earth shouldn't they get the same benefit as anyone else?

The fact they need benefits to make up their low pay dispels the theory that immigrant are highly skilled.

People discuss immigration for lots of reasons, 'costs' is one of them. Racists generally don't like immigration either, but that's not to say that everyone who has concerns about immigration is a racist, far from it.

Yes that is my point, people who talk about immigration are not being racist.... Obviously you will have the few who discuss immigration with racism, you always get people like that

I didn't say you think it's racist to discuss immigration, i was saying people discuss immigration on costs, not appearance

Some people do. Some people oppose it because they're deeply conservative and opposed to change, some because they hate foreigners, some because they're tight, some because they're racist.

Some people do. Some people oppose it because they're deeply conservative and opposed to change, some because they hate foreigners, some because they're tight, some because they're racist.

And some because they don't see the benefits of mass immigration. There are very few benefits, apart from to the rich who get cheap labour and politicians wanting to look "right on."

Then of course there are those who like to patronize and pat the poor souls on the head...:suspect:

Archived