2 kids max, £8k benefit cap - would you vote this? (other ideas too)

Would you vote for this?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for this?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

Oh dear this is not advanced algebra.

I didn't post advanced algebra, I posted basic logic.

-

Let's just look at the thread title:

And the second point:

1 (An absolute maximum of £8000 per annum if you choose not to work. If you want more money, then get a job.)

2 Two children maximum paid for by the benefit system, one is an accident, if it happens again, OK - its another accident. If it happens again, then you need to think about condoms. Also, after baby number 3,the father needs to provide.

Hmm, that suggests to me that baby number 3 has to suffer a little...

Carry on.

Edit: Not altering posts honestly, but if you do not shudder at the underlined part then you have no idea.

You posted that anyone voted yes to the OP was ok with punishing new born babies. I doubt if you even read it all. Most of it was nonsense, but you've picked out one bit, then thrown everyone in that category. Almost every post you have since has backed that up. (I of course know you meant the CB part, as anyone does).

Now you've even added in point 1!! Point 1: 1 (An absolute maximum of £8000 per annum if you choose not to work. If you want more money, then get a job.)

If someone CHOOSES not to work, then I wouldn't give them anything.

Based on your logic so far, that's tantamount to murderous!

I read the first page and I'm not going to read the other 5.

But I will say this in response to the point about landlords asking for high rents knowing the DWP picks up the tab.

As late as the early 90s there was an act that stopped landlords doing this, charging unfairly high rents for properties. Under the conservative government (IIRC Thatcher, may have been Major though) that act was repealed and in some cases rents increased by almost 30% (local to me).

What is needed is the re-introduction of that act.

If you noticed I put the first point in brackets. I wasn't referring to this. I was referring to the second point and yes I did not read any further than that second point and still haven't. This is because I am still completely shocked at how bad an idea this is. Not only that, but I am disappointed that 43% still voted 'yes' despite this:

This is pretty shocking and I don't have anything much more to add to my previous comments, only to maybe tone down some of the language a little from 'abuse' to 'poverty' and changing 'directly' to 'in-directly' other than that yes, anyone who voted 'yes' is either clearly OK with plunging thousands of children into poverty or they didn't think things though at all. Let's hope it is the latter.

Like folk say, on the face of it they seem like good ideas to me. but in reality things are much more complicated. All apart from the foreign aid idea. I see no reason why we shouldnt scrap that. We cant afford it anymore. If we have to borrow money to run the country we cant afford to give any away. It's no different to me giving to charity whilst ending up increasing my overdraft month on month. Effectively we borrow money to give away in aid.

I imagine most of the aid is squandered / stolen / filtering into the wrong hands / spent on 'administration' anyway.

Archived