2 kids max, £8k benefit cap - would you vote this? (other ideas too)

Would you vote for this?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for this?

• yes
    • no
    • not sure

I agree with all bar the EU and foreign aid because:

1. The EU, most people are thick and ignorant and prey to the tabloid press. In the modern globalised world we need to be part of the second biggest economic bloc and I believe Europe is the cradle of modern civilisation. I also believe in working with the Germans because no matter what happens, they always come out on top due to hard work and sensibility e.g. massive powerful unions but they don't break governments, they work with them so everybody is happy.

2. The richest nations in the world should give out foreign aid. Yes we have our poor but with a choice of financing African kids who are desperate to learn or giving money to Wayne and Trey who think school is "borin innit?" and their tracksuit wearing fat parents there's no contest.

To all the hair tearers on here, I'd just like to point out that if there were a referendum the people would vote that people on majority/total benefits shouldn't get any child benefit/benefit for one kid so this proposal is generous. You can't see that? You don't live in reality.

Yes this manifesto would get my vote,shame there isnt a party that will do it.:(

I think there is, it sounds reminiscent of some of Nick Griffin's ill thought out tub thumping..but little does he realise that by putting forward such proposals he's effectively biting the hand that feeds him ;)

Fabulous pie in the sky idea, but how about situations like where a family have planned children and two incomes and then one parent dies? There are more than two children and they could afford their children, but once their father (for instance) dies, is the state really going to sit on their hands and let the children starve while the mother tries to take care of them?

This actually happened to a friend BTW. Aged 26 and with 3 pre-school children, her husband complained of a headache one morning before leaving for work and died of meningitis at lunchtime, leaving her with a very large mortgage, 3 children and no job.

Do the children really have to be thrown into poverty in those situations? Personally I think that would be cruel in the extreme and completely against the whole concept of the welfare state.

How do you get a mortgage without having life insurance most companies insist on it?

Here's some if your struggling:...

Women should stay at home freeing up jobs

..and should only be permitted to wear plain blouses, A line skirts and gingham aprons, whilst spending the day baking and keeping their rosy cheeked blond children supplied with Robinson's Barley Water or any other weak lemon drink.

Would you like to expand on that statement

Well it rather speaks for itself doesn't it? Would you like to consider the possible negative flipsides to the proposals put forward by the OP? If there are none, such a regime would have been adopted long ago.

How do you get a mortgage without having life insurance most companies insist on it?

The life insurance pays for the mortgage (after a lengthy delay, during which time they still expect you to pay the mortgage and the life insurance premiums) but that still leaves the family in a house that they can't afford to heat or put food on the table.

This is beside the point anyway- if the welfare state will only pay for two children then what happens to the third? Are they just meant to go hungry?

The life insurance pays for the mortgage (after a lengthy delay, during which time they still expect you to pay the mortgage and the life insurance premiums) but that still leaves the family in a house that they can't afford to heat or put food on the table.

This is beside the point anyway- if the welfare state will only pay for two children then what happens to the third? Are they just meant to go hungry?

Yes. We are overpopulated (says Mr Smith) We could employ (less unemployment) barrow boys to collect the starved dead. The dead could then be sold for medical research which would enhance the NHS to enable it to sell its knowledge to the world, or the rich.

Yes. We are overpopulated (says Mr Smith) We could employ (less unemployment) barrow boys to collect the starved dead. The dead could then be sold for medical research which would enhance the NHS to enable it to sell its knowledge to the world, or the rich.

When you think about the trouble Burke & Hare got into over that when they should have been celebrated as heroes ;)

Archived