Aldi tools guarantee.

Aldi now sell a selection of work and garden tools.

Last year I purchased an electric drill so as to carry out small D.I.Y. jobs.

I have not used this drill very much at all.

Any way on trying it last week I found that it no longer works so I returned it today while doing my weekly shop.

They told me to contact the manafacturer as they only take return tools up to 60 days.

I explained to them that I have already tried that but the phone no given never answers, [held on for 20 mins], and that the instructions on line are in German!.

The manager at the Aldi branch was not interested and told me that it was company policy.

I have mislaid the reciept for the drill but it is the ones that only Aldi sell as far as I know .

No more Aldi tools for me .

Aldi now sell a selection of work and garden tools.

Last year I purchased an electric drill so as to carry out small D.I.Y. jobs.

I have not used this drill very much at all.

Any way on trying it last week I found that it no longer works so I returned it today while doing my weekly shop.

They told me to contact the manafacturer as they only take return tools up to 60 days.

I explained to them that I have already tried that but the phone no given never answers, [held on for 20 mins], and that the instructions on line are in German!.

The manager at the Aldi branch was not interested and told me that it was company policy.

I have mislaid the reciept for the drill but it is the ones that only Aldi sell as far as I know .

No more Aldi tools for me .

Whenever I have bought any electrical products from them they have put my receipt in a folder with the terms and conditions. Have you not put that somewhere?

Whenever I have bought any electrical products from them they have put my receipt in a folder with the terms and conditions. Have you not put that somewhere?

I have misplaced it but the point is even if I had not then the shop will not deal with the tool after 60 days .

I was under the impression that the point of sale was where you had to return faulty goods to.

AlDI tools are rubbish!

Any cheap tools are rubbish B&Q stuff especially, someone who works at Lidl told me if the replacement is not in stock you get the money back.But their stuff is not exactly brilliant either.

The shop is your point of contact legally for the period of the guarantee whatever they say! Your contract is with them not the manufacturer.

True, but only if you have proof of purchase, something which at this moment in time this person cannot provide as they have lost their receipt..

Archived