How to remove Locking wheel nuts

When I bought my car the bloke said the wheel nut it in the boot, never thought to look!!

Now I need to get a wheel off it has a locking nut on and the key in the boot was the one to get the cover off the wheel nuts, not the nut itself.

Checking the wheels, it seems the wheel i need to change is the only one with a lock on.

Any cheap idea to get it off, around S5 area!

Thanks

Check there are no almost hidden compartments in the boot. I could not find the one for my Saab when I needed it, and in the boot, on the sides and also the corners were 2 tags that you pull up and there are little compartments for stuff. I stick a couple of little drinks bottles in each of them, but the key for mine was in one of those.

Not including the locking nut, tighten the other nuts very tight..this will relieve tension on the locked one. Drill a hole in the nut. Place a punch (set in mole grips) in the hole, and give it a whack with bolster hammer. Heating it up wouldn't go amiss, not to much though.

I would certainly take neeek's advice though.

Failing that get it around to me..I'll shift it.

I went to a garage and they sent me away as couldnt do anything cos of the nut.

Its a Renualt Scenic and I dont have any old sockets and probably wont be strong enough to do this myself.

Thanks

Perhaps something like these may shift them ?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/locking-wheel-nut-remover-2pc?da=1&TC=SRC-locking%20wheel%20nut%20remover

Archived