Would you vote for someone who believes in magic underpants?

US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs. He's promised to make the US energy dependent by 2020 and he's promised to get tougher with Iran and support Israel more. He will also be tougher against Putin and will repeal the healthcare bill.

All laudable aims to some, empty rhetoric to others, but would anyone seriously vote for someone who believes in magic undercrackers?

Would you vote for someone who believes in magic pants?

Or is it any less bonkers than voting for someone like Blair who believes mumbling some Latin over a wafer turns it into the body of Christ?

Can you really trust someone who believes the supernatural?

US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs. He's promised to make the US energy dependent by 2020 and he's promised to get tougher with Iran and support Israel more. He will also be tougher against Putin and will repeal the healthcare bill.

All laudable aims to some, empty rhetoric to others, but would anyone seriously vote for someone who believes in magic undercrackers?

Or is it any less bonkers than voting for someone like Blair who believes mumbling some Latin over a wafer turns it into the body of Christ?

He claims they aren’t magic, the fact he felt the need to speak about them would prevent me voting for him.:D

Mitt Romney spoke today before a reasonably-large gathering of the press in an effort to dispel the rumors circulating that his undergarments possess magical properties. The 64-year old former Massachusetts Governor was quite adamant about his underwear being just as normal as anyone else's.

They don't look magic,:suspect:

Romney's speech last night at the Republican National Convention was as usual lacking in substance of any kind. He's slagged off Obama enough about the lack of job creation and the continuing unemployment rate which nationally hovers around 8.2 percent but has so far revealed none of his own specific policies or plans to improve the current situation.

I have an idea what his policies might be. Let off the extremely wealthy from paying their fair share of taxes on the assumtion that the more money the wealthy have the more they'll invest in business and assuming that by doing this the benefits will "trickle down" to the lower echelons of society. The Republicans have been preaching "trickle down" since Eisenhower's day and it's never worked before nor will it now.

The present day reality however is that the world's economy is in the doldrums and likely to get worse while businesses of any size have now found out that they can do the same work using less employees... so no incentive to hire. Then let's not forget that many of the jobs people once had are all now overseas much of it going there during Bush's administration.

Romney has no silver bullet to solve that despite all his long winded rhetoric. As for his underwear I hope he was wearing a pair fresh from the laundry

Poor old Clint Eastwood. In his dotage he's now been reduced to talking to empty chairs :hihi: :hihi:

Did that seem as weird in the US as it did here? Seriously looked like he'd lost it.

Remember Clint Eastwood singing "I talk to the trees" in the movie "Paint your wagon"?

They're changing the title to 'I talk to the chairs" :hihi:

Serioulsy, I've lost all respect I had for Eastwood but that's what he gets for associating with the Republicans.

Of all the reasons to not vote for Romney, I think his belief in magic underpants would be some way down the list.

Archived