Would you vote for someone who believes in magic underpants?

US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs. He's promised to make the US energy dependent by 2020 and he's promised to get tougher with Iran and support Israel more. He will also be tougher against Putin and will repeal the healthcare bill.

All laudable aims to some, empty rhetoric to others, but would anyone seriously vote for someone who believes in magic undercrackers?

Would you vote for someone who believes in magic pants?

Or is it any less bonkers than voting for someone like Blair who believes mumbling some Latin over a wafer turns it into the body of Christ?

Can you really trust someone who believes the supernatural?

Oh dear, i'm going to really have a problem at the next election :huh: i couldn't possibly vote for an atheist so that ruled out Nick Clegg last time, now i am aware Ed Milliband is an atheist too,and a Jew at that :( so that rules him out.

Whats David Cameron i wonder.:huh:

Oh dear, i'm going to really have a problem at the next election :huh: i couldn't possibly vote for an atheist so that ruled out Nick Clegg last time, now i am aware Ed Milliband is an atheist too,and a Jew at that :( so that rules him out.

Whats David Cameron i wonder.:huh:

You couldn't vote for someone because they were Jewish?

You couldn't vote for someone because they were Jewish?

What is wrong with people?

You vote for politicians because of their POLICIES.

Besides an American president does what his rich party backers tell him.

He is politically and economically impotent without the advice of his political advisers and generals, especially when it comes to foreign policy.

Kennedy was a Catholic, which makes you wonder if he would have been elected today considerating all the bad publicity about the Catholic church over the years.

Rowan Williams a few days ago criticised the Anglican church for the same reason, child abuse in the Anglican church in the 70's and 80's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19425149

It depends what else they try to bribe me with. People don't vote for the good of the state, they vote for what they can personally get.

As far as politicians are concerned how does the old adage go:

If anyone wants to become an MP, that alone should be a good enough reason to disqualify them from office.

Cameron and Clegg were both determined to gain power at any price. There's no point in either of them sqwabbling over not supporting coalition policies now.

That's what happens when you do a deal with the devil.

As we draw closer to the next election, those policies will divide the coalition further and Labour will gain from their division.

US Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs. He's promised to make the US energy dependent by 2020 and he's promised to get tougher with Iran and support Israel more. He will also be tougher against Putin and will repeal the healthcare bill.

He left out world peace, a cure for cancer and eternal life. The slacker.

I'd need to know the full capabilities of said pants before casting my vote. If they can cure baldness, he's my man.

Archived