Remember Playing Bones As Kids??

old tup

I,ve just been reminising about some of the fads and things that we used to get up to as raggy arsed kids back in the 50s.Most of the pastimes have been covered on the forum at one time or another,remember in those days we had no cash to speak of so you made a lot your playthings yourself.One I,ve just remembered playing bones a bit like the Spanish play maracas,we used to pester the local butcher for the bones two at a time about 4inchs in length,failing that we made them out of wood.You held them with the first two fingers of your hand between them and made them ratatat by twisting your wrist,some of the experts could play both hands at once another daft little pastime we used to do all those years ago,anyone remember this or did you have your own games you made up??.:hihi::hihi::loopy:

I,ve just been reminising about some of the fads and things that we used to get up to as raggy arsed kids back in the 50s.Most of the pastimes have been covered on the forum at one time or another,remember in those days we had no cash to speak of so you made a lot your playthings yourself.One I,ve just remembered playing bones a bit like the Spanish play maracas,we used to pester the local butcher for the bones two at a time about 4inchs in length,failing that we made them out of wood.You held them with the first two fingers of your hand between them and made them ratatat by twisting your wrist,some of the experts could play both hands at once another daft little pastime we used to do all those years ago,anyone remember this or did you have your own games you made up??.:hihi::hihi::loopy:

you mean nick nacks lot harder if you tried 2 pair

Archived