Unsporting Olympic Behaviour - A Disgrace.

I will admit I didn't see the incident on TV, only what I've been reading online.

But if the rules state he doesn't get a restart then why should the officials apologize.

Me too. Haven't seen it live.

Do the rules say that though? I got the impression the could have given a restart, due to equipment malfunction. Then elected not too, blaming human error instead.

If the dude felt robbed, I think the healthy thing to do, is to express your displeasure at being stuffed. Rather than just thinking, oh, um, better not challenge authority.

Me too. Haven't seen it live.

Do the rules say that though? I got the impression the could have given a restart, due to equipment malfunction. Then elected not too, blaming human error instead.

If the dude felt robbed, I think the healthy thing to do, is to express your displeasure at being stuffed. Rather than just thinking, oh, um, better not challenge authority.

Me as well, didn't watch it live. Don't know the exact rule as I'm not really into track cycling all that much. I think if it's a tech issue with equipment you can get a restart, if it's just a bad start due to rider error then no you shouldnt get a restart.

Reminds me of the Philip Hindes incident in the men's team sprint. I don't think his bad start was down to a tech issue with the bike, it was clearly just a bad start from him but he crashed on purpose to get a restart. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19107973

He is right to be a bit mad,but it was no place for a John mcenroe outburst.

If the equipment is designed to release on the beep/whistle/gun or whatever lol,then they should have given him at least one restart.

Do you see where I'm coming from though? We're conditioned to obey and accept authority, and disregard what we feel. This chap didn't do that, he expressed himself honestly.

Now, if it turns out, he was just trying to pull a fast one (perhaps, only he knows), then that's a different matter altogether.

Who's saying the athletes in the Paralympics are any less of an Olympian ?

Logistically to have the 2 games running side by side at the same time would be a total nightmare if you wanted to fit it into the 17 days the main Olympics ran for.

Nothing wrong with there been the Olympics and then a couple of weeks later having the Paralympics.

If the 2 games did run side by side, I think the able bodied games would take precedence and get the vast majority of the coverage and in all honesty it could do more harm than good for the Paralympics.

Isn't that what's happening, now, anyway? It's been sidelined, IMO.

The Paralympics are being broadcast on channel four, with all the interruptions of the ad breaks and other rubbish. there's nothing LIKE the coverage that was available for the Olympics.

The Paralympics are being broadcast on channel four, with all the interruptions of the ad breaks and other rubbish. there's nothing LIKE the coverage that was available for the Olympics.

Doesn't the coverage match demand though? If there just isn't the same demand for it, then there shouldn't be same coverage, surely?

Archived