Unsporting Olympic Behaviour - A Disgrace.

I thought my joke was okay. It certainly wasn't intended to be derogatory, or any kind of a put-down, in the same way that 'window licker' may be. I just had visions of blind archers firing arrows in all directions, and screams of panic throughout the crowd...

Absolutely, certainly not offensive.

It is on topic, we're talking about whether certain behaviours are unnaceptable. I'm pointing out the apparent contradiction between you finding jokes about blind archery acceptable whereas you found me using the term 'window licker' in a private conversation with my daughter unnaceptable.

It is very odd that you make a distinction like that.

Do you have a personal grudge for some reason?

You bring it on yourself fishy boy, your post's are at best antagonistic and even downright one liner trolling. Perhaps you are one of the 'special' one's that get looked after to keep the forum posters heated ????

I was a bit shocked that the beeb have done virtualy NO coverage of any sort but C4 are doing a good job.

The BBC can't cover any sport they don't have the rights to, which includes the Paralympics. They're subjected to the same broadcast restrictions as everyone else was during the main games - so no more than 6 minutes of official video footage per day, no more than 40 seconds on one event.

The Paralympics are being broadcast on channel four, with all the interruptions of the ad breaks and other rubbish. there's nothing LIKE the coverage that was available for the Olympics.

Channel 4 bidded for the rights, against the BBC. Channel 4 are paying £9m of the £19m total broadcast rights (compare that to the over $2bn that NBC pay alone for the main games). This is a shoestring operation, because nobody is willing to risk paying for it. Furthermore, the BBCs bid for coverage was based on their previous efforts, primarily an evening highlights and "dip into" live coverage. There were no plans for all day live broadcasts or multiple channels like for the main games.

:

You bring it on yourself fishy boy, your post's are at best antagonistic and even downright one liner trolling. Perhaps you are one of the 'special' one's that get looked after to keep the forum posters heated ????

:o, fishy boy will report you now,

:

:o, fishy boy will report you now,

I suspected as much poppins love ;)

Faster than quick draw Mc Graw on the report button but when anyone mentions the hallowed one you get the same responce " MOD NOTE stop this bickering or holidays will be issued"

Closing

:hihi:

I suspected as much poppins love ;)

Faster than quick draw Mc Graw on the report button but when anyone mentions the hallowed one you get the same responce " MOD NOTE stop this bickering or holidays will be issued"

Closing

:hihi:

For someone who apparently only joined this site three weeks ago, you seem to know an awful lot about how it works... :suspect::huh:

Archived