Unsporting Olympic Behaviour - A Disgrace.

Have to agree. People have to mix and cope in all other everyday situations, why is the Olympics any different? Quite odd really!

The Paralympics are not the Para-Olympics. They have nothing to do with the Olympic Games.

Simply put, its not as popular as able bodied olympics.

I was a bit shocked that the beeb have done virtualy NO coverage of any sort but C4 are doing a good job.

Well apart from that bloody irritating and down right patronisisng (head tilt and all) hop skip and jumper who is co hosting.

Like any sporting event these days TV rights are sold to the highest bidder. The BBC can't simply role up with a TV crew and film events for which they have no authorisation. There's no coverage of Formula One on ITV these days.

My opinion is that the Paralympics should have been combined with the Olympics, and given equal credence.

IMO, just because an athlete has an amputation, a visual impairment, or uses a wheelchair, does not make them any less valid as an Olympian/ athlete/ person than anyone else.

How can an amputee take part in archery?Or a blind person cycle unaided.Perhaps you would volunteer to have some handicap imposed permanently and then rejoin society?

Some people read the forum long before they join in.

Some people are rather bashful and not so up front as others; they are a little tentative in their approach. It must be really horrible for them when they then take the brave step of joining a group , only to find some bully boy immediately attacking them and expecting them to come up with some defence for an unsubstantiated "crime":cool:

How can an amputee take part in archery?Or a blind person cycle unaided.Perhaps you would volunteer to have some handicap imposed permanently and then rejoin society?

You may have read something into which doesn't exist, or I missed something.

"Given equal credence" not equal ability. I don't think the poster suggested an able bodied should compete with a non able, but should be allowed to compete on equal terms as people.

Some people are rather bashful and not so up front as others; they are a little tentative in their approach. It must be really horrible for them when they then take the brave step of joining a group , only to find some bully boy immediately attacking them and expecting them to come up with some defence for an unsubstantiated "crime":cool:

Yes I agree if genuinely new, but the majority tend not to be tentative, they barge in like their part of the wallpaper with idiot traits reminiscent of posters who have suddenly disappeared 10 mins prior.

Yes I agree if genuinely new, but the majority tend not to be tentative, they barge in like their part of the wallpaper with idiot traits reminiscent of posters who have suddenly disappeared 10 mins prior.

But surely that is subjective? Bullyboys usually have flawed and skewed opinions.:)

Archived