Martial Arts for the very unfit

Tone09

Hello

I need to lose a lot of weight and get fit and I wanted to canvass opinions on iwhat kind of martial art would be the most suitable for someone in my situation.

Obviously fitness/flexibility is an issue at the moment, so I wanted to know what the better options would be, and also maybe get some recommendations for friendly clubs/instructors, which would put up with someone who has an awful lot of work to do to lose weight and get fit.

I live in the S20 area but am willing to travel for the right club.

Thanks

Tone

Hello

I need to lose a lot of weight and get fit and I wanted to canvass opinions on iwhat kind of martial art would be the most suitable for someone in my situation.

Obviously fitness/flexibility is an issue at the moment, so I wanted to know what the better options would be, and also maybe get some recommendations for friendly clubs/instructors, which would put up with someone who has an awful lot of work to do to lose weight and get fit.

Thanks

Tone

I run a kickboxing class in the city centre.

We have about 3 or 4 people in the same position as yourself.

Kickboxing burns calories at an alarming rate, due to all the high impact padwork. Especially the kicks and the knees.

One of our success stories is :

Andrew Campsill, started off about 88-89kg (almost 14 stone). He is now a Black Belt, he teaches classes and also competes at 63kg (just under 10 stone).

Phone 07775 914155 or log onto ou website on:

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.co.uk

Would this be suitable for someone with a heart condition as well as being unfit ?

Hi GhostRider,

All in moderation i dont see why not. The beginners class would be just right for you.

Obviously our Advanced Fighters class would not be ;)

How is the DJ-ing going Ghostrider? It's a job you are good at, credit where credit is due :thumbsup:

Hi GhostRider,

All in moderation i dont see why not. The beginners class would be just right for you.

Obviously our Advanced Fighters class would not be ;)

How is the DJ-ing going Ghostrider? It's a job you are good at, credit where credit is due :thumbsup:

I did have a lot of training in gojo ryu when I was a LOT younger:hihi:

However its been over 20 years since I have been in a dojo.

The dj'ings going fine...obviously we must have met, but I have no idea who you are :huh:

In fact, its that good, a friend and myself have taken on the pub :headbang:

I did have a lot of training in gojo ryu when I was a LOT younger:hihi:

However its been over 20 years since I have been in a dojo.

The dj'ings going fine...obviously we must have met, but I have no idea who you are :huh:

In fact, its that good, a friend and myself have taken on the pub :headbang:

You once DJ'd a kickboxing show at The Park and Arbourthorne Social Club up on City road didn't you ;)

Hello

Thanks

Tone

Take a look at the Tengu Dojo club: http://www.japanese-martial-arts-sheffield.co.uk

Archived