Martial Arts for the very unfit

Tone09

What about someone in their sixties who`s been working in a physical volunteering job. Would it be possible to "fit in" at a beginners class?

Vanner.

Yes. Just come along. 7pm Mon Tues Wed Thurs and 1pm Sat.

The first week is free so just drop in and try it out.

Tengu Dojo, 208 Meersbrook Enterprise Centre, Valley Road, Sheffield S8 9FT

• 5 weeks later...
Hello

I need to lose a lot of weight and get fit and I wanted to canvass opinions on iwhat kind of martial art would be the most suitable for someone in my situation.

Obviously fitness/flexibility is an issue at the moment, so I wanted to know what the better options would be, and also maybe get some recommendations for friendly clubs/instructors, which would put up with someone who has an awful lot of work to do to lose weight and get fit.

I live in the S20 area but am willing to travel for the right club.

Thanks

Tone

Hello Tone

As you can gather, there is quite a lot out there for you to choose.

I have personally benefited from Taekwondo training. I started training having had a long break in martial arts and was unfit.

Clubs in Sheffield across in a number of venues across the City - you can find details on the Pilsung Taekwondo website.

There is a broad range of ages and abilities who train in the clubs. Current fitness should be no barrier. If you want something that will help your fitness and flexibility then it could be an option. It's always worth coming along and having a try and see if it works for you.:thumbsup:

Archived