Electric plug question

In this situation, I would check it works. I would then look at disconnecting it at the back of the fire, installing it and reconnecting. This sort of equipment usually has a junction box which are typically easier to connect than a plug, other that you might have to remove a panel first.

Of course, if when you look at it you don't understand what you are doing, then leave well alone.

Sensible idea to first check that the fire works ok. A friend bought a new built- in oven, installed it, then found it didn't work at all! I traced it to an open circuit thermistor, a component which shuts down the oven if it overheats. Comet supplied a replacement oven.

I believe cutting off a sealed plug will void warranty for any electrical faults with the product as they could claim that damage was caused by yourself, indirectly!

Unless it's fitted by a qualified electrician who can provide a PAT certificate to prove it's been tested and is safe.

It would be simple to prove that it wasn't caused by yourself!

Archived