"Walking on thin ice?"

AWOL

It's an inherant flaw with all women, a hard-coded double standard wired into their brains.

Same with the recent "50 Shades" book series. If that book had been aimed at men and it'd been Christine Grey rather than Christian then there would have been a public outcry, probably from the haridans of Mumsnet.

Or if we go back further, The Chippendales are "just a bit of fun" but Spearmint Rhino is cheap, tacky and exploititive.

:roll:

Same with the recent "50 Shades" book series. If that book had been aimed at men and it'd been Christine Grey rather than Christian then there would have been a public outcry, probably from the haridans of Mumsnet.

Why do you think that?

It's an inherant flaw with all women, a hard-coded double standard wired into their brains.

Or if we go back further, The Chippendales are "just a bit of fun" but Spearmint Rhino is cheap, tacky and exploititive.

:roll:

I must not be female then because I have no problem with my man window shopping (as long as he doesn't buy anything) and I trust him not to abuse my trust in our relationship.

I also don't feel that he has to compliment me constantly, and I find the 50 shades books repetitive, unattractive and pointless, as I do with most similar books which are meant to be titillating.

And on top of that I find the Chippendales as cheap, tacky and exploitative as Spearmint Rhino type clubs.

It says more about you that you assume everybody else has double standards though.

I would prefer it if people addressed their insecurities. :roll:

I look like a wreck and know it. I will NEVER get a decent lady who has a bath and combs her own hair. Without major nods. I resign myself to this. Monk squad might be my way out - and drink bottles of vodka in my monk hut :(

Why do you think that?

Experience has left me endlessly cynical.

I must not be female then because I have no problem with my man window shopping (as long as he doesn't buy anything) and I trust him not to abuse my trust in our relationship.

I also don't feel that he has to compliment me constantly, and I find the 50 shades books repetitive, unattractive and pointless, as I do with most similar books which are meant to be titillating.

And on top of that I find the Chippendales as cheap, tacky and exploitative as Spearmint Rhino type clubs.

It says more about you that you assume everybody else has double standards though.

I will concede that there are exceptions to the rule, such as yourself, but you're in a very tiny minority based on my experience.

I was watching the women's hockey with my girlfriend and started taking the **** when they only got bronze.

"There's nothing wrong with bronze" she mocked "It's nothing to be ashamed of at all!"

Yet when I told her later that she's the third best girlfriend I've had, she went ****ing mental!

(not mine sadly)

Archived