The French are at it again.

i was thinking along similer lines about the paralympic athletes, dont us and the USA have a better chance at winning more? as cos of iraq / afganistan etc compared to other countries we have a larger pool of disabled people to choose from?

i was thinking along similer lines about the paralympic athletes, dont us and the USA have a better chance at winning more? as cos of iraq / afganistan etc compared to other countries we have a larger pool of disabled people to choose from?

Surely by that logic, Iraq and Afghanistan would have the better chance of winning?

Any technological advantage Team GB might have over the French would be minuscule compared to the advantage both would have over most of the rest of the rest of the world simply because we can both afford high tech gear.

Surely by that logic, Iraq and Afghanistan would have the better chance of winning?

Any technological advantage Team GB might have over the French would be minuscule compared to the advantage both would have over most of the rest of the rest of the world simply because we can both afford high tech gear.

but do iraq and afganistan have the capabillity to fix and train their "disabled" people to the standards we can?

and indeed do they take part in the olympics like we do?

but do iraq and afganistan have the capabillity to fix and train their "disabled" people to the standards we can?

and indeed do they take part in the olympics like we do?

Well not they don't - which was sort of my second point. To what extent are the results in some paralympics events a reflection of how rich the successful countries are against the talents of the athletes taking part? To some extent the same is true of the normal olympics as well with rich countries being able to afford better facilities/able to get greater sponsorship, but the differences are less marked.

Yes it's kinda one sided when it come to country's like them but I think some Europeans could do well

Archived