The French are at it again.

Do you expect anyone to believe that you went into the city centre and you only heard two Sheffield accents? Also do you not think that France also has a big immigrant population?

Not in the part of France I live. You must be thinking of Paris, which

Has over three quarters of the population of the entire country. So yes, they, just like the Uk one had a vast, for the want of a better word, commonwealth, so have to accept people from those areas, what they don 't do is put up with people who only arrive on the take. Hence a massive problem at places like Calais where those wanting a better life queue up for a ride to England and a better life than they had in their own country and certainly a better one than the French, wisely, would afford them!

Q: You are approached by three men while walking down a dark city street. One British, one American, one French. They all seem intent on mugging you. However, you have a gun, but alas, only two bullets. What do you do?

A: Shoot the Frenchman twice. Good day!

Q: In the context of the thread, how do you criticize a moronic statement?

A: You don't, ironically the moronic statement beat you to it.

Not in the part of France I live. You must be thinking of Paris, which

Has over three quarters of the population of the entire country. So yes, they, just like the Uk one had a vast, for the want of a better word, commonwealth, so have to accept people from those areas, what they don 't do is put up with people who only arrive on the take. Hence a massive problem at places like Calais where those wanting a better life queue up for a ride to England and a better life than they had in their own country and certainly a better one than the French, wisely, would afford them!

What about Marseille, I'd imagine that it also has a sizable immigration population, with a wide range of languages.

Wiki has France on 350 to 400. They need to get their finger out.
No point, it's plenty enough already - better spend the time improving and refining what's already been invented, which is exactly what they do. E.g. if you enjoy 'blue cheeses', a top-quality Stilton is a delight indeed, but it's still leagues and leagues behind a Papillon Roquefort.

Maybe France is 350 to 400 good cheeses but the UK excels in producing upto 700 bland ones!
There are good and bad (or bland) cheeses in both countries, and recipes which can use and turn a 'bad' cheese into culinary nirvana. Try an Alsatian flammekueche with some Munster cheese melted on (an Alsatian cheese I'd never, ever go near in any other 'setting').

My all-time favourite cheese (Appenzeller) is Swiss, incidentally.

Archived