Alcatraz Island

Yes it was so strict that the only way out was by digging from your cell.

Using a cutlery spoon :hihi: That's why it was closed down. Crumbling walls.

I still say though that in it's time it was probably the most escape proof prison in the country just by merely being in the location it was.

I would more readily believe the way Tim Robbins successfully escaped from Shawshank prison than any successful escape by the Anglin brothers :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of sharks in the bay: there are sharks, but they're not maneaters. As someone mentioned earlier, they're mostly Leopard Sharks, which are scavengers. Great Whites for example don't come into the bay because the water is too 'fresh' for them, I.e., not salty enough.

Also the 'birdman' of Alcatraz didn't have any birds when he was on the island. He got the name 'birdman' from his previous prison where he'd taken a course in animal husbandry, specializing in birds. People also think he was a nice guy based on the movie. He wasn't. You were sent to the island if you were he worst of the worst.

The bay waters are cold enough but assuming that an escapee could survive that cold long enough to be swept out of the bay into the ocean by the strong currents sooner or later there would be a shark encounter

Am I right or not?

As said in previous post, the water is to fresh and is far too cold for the killer sharks, I think that's why they made jaws in Florida, Even tho the star shark was a rubber one.:hihi:

As said in previous post, the water is to fresh and is far too cold for the killer sharks, I think that's why they made jaws in Florida, Even tho the star shark was a rubber one.:hihi:

I think I'm all muddled up, talking garbage. Yes it's the cold water that's the reason there are no shark attacks along the California coast.

I used to surf on Redondo and Santa Monica beaches years ago and come to think of it never saw any warning signs about sharks.

Saw some in Hawai though

If I was a cop and I found them, I would take on board their age and what they did, regarding they have never broken the law since, I would let them go but before I did that I would have to ask them how they escaped, where they went, their journeys and life, their contacts with the authorities regarding funny phone calls and post cards, their contacts with their families and how on earth they stayed off the radar all this time, it really would be a marvel to behold, imagine if they wrote a book about it in first hand, it would be one of thee all time best sellers and I would buy it tomorrow right away.

Archived