Alcatraz Island

Don't forget as well with hypothermia as well, your muscles restrict so it would have been harder for them to swim, maybe impossible plus all the other symptoms it brings including losing consciousness and that... The odds would have been heavily stacked against them

When I mentioned the ship and bones what was on wiki, well they don't seem to go into it good enough, looked at another source which is alot more reliable : .....

• On July 17, 1962 the Ship SS Norefjell, a Norwegian Freighter departing from Pier 38, reported seeing a body floating twenty miles northwest of the Golden Gate Bridge. The ship was en route to Canada, and the crew failed to report the sighting until October. The sailors had noticed something bobbing in the water, and used binoculars to confirm that it was a body floating face down. The hands and feet were dangling down in the water, but the buttocks were clearly visible. Although bleached by the ocean and sun, the body was clothed in full-length denim trousers that appeared identical to prison issue uniforms. Coroners from San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, and Marin Counties all confirmed that a body could float for five weeks after drowning. The FBI determined this to be one of the most significant leads in the case. Their official report established that there were no other individuals missing or drowned at that time who had been wearing similar trousers...

Also this might explain why no body's were found :............

• Critics on the other side of the debate claimed that the fact that no bodies were found amounted to "proof" that the inmates had made it successfully to the mainland. The reality was that it was fairly common for people who perished in the Bay waters never to be found. In fact, on the very night of the escape, an African American gentleman named Seymour Webb, reportedly despondent over a failed relationship, abandoned his car mid-span on the Golden Gate Bridge and jumped to his death in front of numerous eyewitnesses. Despite a quick response from the Coast Guard, his body was never recovered. The significance of this event is that the suicide entered the water at about the same time as the escapees, and his body was never found or recovered

No I think they drowned, i have seen alot of programs on it and there is just no way they would have got to mainland but then again I thought if you drown you end up floating on top of water or/and your washed back up to mainland.. So why they never found a body I don't know... A letter was sent to the police saying it was from frank and co, gloating that they had got away though police think it was not sent by the 3 men but a practical joker...Anyhow i find it interesting and on one program they had 3 experienced swimmers try this out and they couldn't even get to mainland as there is a current near the mainland then sends you further down away from the mainland...

It's never been proven if they drowned or not, is Elvis dead?:hihi:

Looking at the evidence they could prove that they did indeed drown, you don't necessarily need a body to prove this as it depends on the circumstances.... As for elvis, he is indeed dead, wasent he found dead on the toilet? ... Hasent someone still got his faeces in a jar somewhere..

Looking at the evidence they could prove that they did indeed drown, you don't necessarily need a body to prove this as it depends on the circumstances.... As for elvis, he is indeed dead, wasent he found dead on the toilet? ... Hasent someone still got his faeces in a jar somewhere..

I was just having a joke about Elvis, but I think your are correct about morris and co because the three trying to conceal their identity if lived, would have been hard, over the years surely one of the three would have dropped a clanger and been discoverd somehow.

Yes but just the odds stacked against them alone in getting out of the water alive is heavy...though lord lucan would make a good thread too, with the latest news on him surrounding Africa and the fact his kids were sent there a few times when they were young so lucan could see how they were getting on from a distance seem plausible...from reading up on it, the evidence is quite strong that this could well have been the case, whether he still alive now though I don't know but he could be

Yes but just the odds stacked against them alone in getting out of the water alive is heavy...though lord lucan would make a good thread too, with the latest news on him surrounding Africa and the fact his kids were sent there a few times when they were young so lucan could see how they were getting on from a distance seem plausible...from reading up on it, the evidence is quite strong that this could well have been the case, whether he still alive now though I don't know but he could be

If morris and co had survived, they would have had to start to get a new identity, I'm sure they would have been sussed out at some stage.

Which they wouldn't be able to get legally so that would still lead to at least a few people knowing, but let's just say going on the theory that they survived, for it to be true all three of them would have had to defied the odds as no body was discovered so that makes it even more unlikely that they did and once on land they would have severe hypothermia which would be a fact, then they would have had to have the strength to make their escape, there were no reported break ins and they would have had to change clothes and warm up at least and they couldn't have been anyone waiting for them as all calls were in house and visit times involved face contact through glass and were heavily manned and only certain people could visit

Archived