Alcatraz Island

I was in the army and we went to Portsmouth to the training centre there and we had to swim in the cold sea water and things like that I was as fit as butchers dog and a good swimmer then and I lasted about 5 minutes in the cold water before I stated shivering like mad, if the condition's and the currants in the bay were as cold and strong as stated at the time they would not have lasted long in the water, you have to be fit and used to the cold and to be in that water for 2 hours would have been a bit to much for an unfit con to do in my opinion.

They jumped from a ferry and it seems the waters were very calm so they must have jumped after the currents if they were any that day

Doesn't look that far away does it ? How hard could it be ,especially if your motivated to escape .

I was in the army and we went to Portsmouth to the training centre there and we had to swim in the cold sea water and things like that I was as fit as butchers dog and a good swimmer then and I lasted about 5 minutes in the cold water before I stated shivering like mad, if the condition's and the currants in the bay were as cold and strong as stated at the time they would not have lasted long in the water, you have to be fit and used to the cold and to be in that water for 2 hours would have been a bit to much for an unfit con to do in my opinion.

The Pacific ocean is a very cold ocean. That's why there are never hurricanes along the the west coast.

That's also why the Navy SEALS do their training in Pacific waters at Coronado, California. Many of the young and fit recruits dont make it thru training, so it's senseless for those on the thread to keep arguing that any of the three escaped prisoners who were out of shape and probably second rate swimmers did manage to survive and escape

Doesn't look that far away does it ? How hard could it be ,especially if your motivated to escape .

They must have been in a safe area past the currents maybe plus the waters seemed very calm, they wouldn't have been able to jump from ferry if it was deemed hazardous, it's totally different at night, those seas are unswimable

Harleyman is best answering that as he lives in America and posted he went there two years ago on here

did'nt an hiker find some of that money decaying away in a backpack a few years ago?

Yes some of the money was found. As for DB Cooper, the place he dropped on is pretty wild and very remote. I wouldn't even make a bet that an SAS trooper or an Army Ranger would come out of that in one piece especially on a night drop. DB's body was more than likely eaten by mountain lions, bears or coyotes and the bones scattered to hell and gone

They must have been in a safe area past the currents maybe plus the waters seemed very calm, they wouldn't have been able to jump from ferry if it was deemed hazardous, it's totally different at night, those seas are unswimable

Harleyman is best answering that as he lives in America and posted he went there two years ago on here

Don't believe what Harley tells you, he's a democrat :hihi:

The waters may look calm but believe me the Pacific waters are very cold and it's the cold and exposure that will finish you off very quickly

Archived