Induction hob correct fitting.

Hi. Ive bought an induction hob 4 . 6 kw its got a factory fittrd plug on it . An electricion has told me that it will blow the fuse as 4.6 kw is to much for a 3 point pin plug. He says it has to be hard wired yet the plug is factory fitted. Help.

Is the plug a 3amp? If so it could be that it's the supply for the digital readout only and a plate may need removing to enable a hard wire.

Hi. Ive bought an induction hob 4 . 6 kw its got a factory fittrd plug on it . An electricion has told me that it will blow the fuse as 4.6 kw is to much for a 3 point pin plug. He says it has to be hard wired yet the plug is factory fitted. Help.

The unit might be designed in a way that would prevent it drawing maximum power.

The electro magnets turn on and off constantly to keep the pan at temperature, so even with all four hobs on maximum and believe me you won’t use maximum, the magnets won’t all be drawing power at the same time.

You could contact manufacturer for advice.

Neff T42E20X1EU Induction Hobs 4.6kW power output (20A), current management options for 16A, 13A or 10A connection

I cant imagine it could be CE marked and sold in the UK with a three pin plug factory fitted if it wasnt suitable, and designed such that it didnt limit its power consumption.

CDA do a 13Amp eco induction hob, the hob automatically limits the power consumption so it doesnt exceed 2.8kw

This hob then will be a load of rubbish . If 4 burners are on they will be heating at less than one kw each not enough to boil an egg and if you put boost on to one burner it will literally nearly switch other burners of. I have exchanged mine for a hard wired one 3.5kw back burner one ring 2.5 kw. 2nd ring on back and 2 front burners 2kw each

I cant imagine it could be CE marked and sold in the UK with a three pin plug factory fitted if it wasnt suitable, and designed such that it didnt limit its power consumption.

Yes and its marked on instillation instruction n electrition needed for fitting

3kw is the max for a plug.

Over that needs a dedicated supply from your comsumer unit through a suitably rated double pole switch.

4mm cable to a 20 dp switch with a 20 mcb would be the way to go....all fitted by a part p sparky!!

It doesnt say that. On instillation instruction it says no electrition needed for fitting. Is this dangerous not.

Archived