Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

No religious book has ever been a route to enlightenment. Quite the contrary, in fact, unless one uses them to reach the top shelf to bring down a copy of Richard Dawkin's or Christopher Hitchens' great works!

Quite wrong,the bible contains many enlightening passages, i'm sure even Richard Dawkins would acknowledge that,because i know other distinguished atheists have.

It may be very "in" to be an atheist now,but with respect to the "great works" of Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens,the bible will still be around long after their books.

Sadly some people do argue strongly, and as you say, offensively but his views are his views and if they are offensive to who ever he is arguing with and you lean toward the opposite view then, you will naturally side with his opposition. Human nature!

It may be very "in" to be an atheist now,but with respect to the "great works" of Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens,the bible will still be around long after their books.

I agree. In fact, because there are so many of them, it would probably take many lifetimes to gather them all and re-cycle them into something useful.

Quite wrong,the bible contains many enlightening passages, i'm sure even Richard Dawkins would acknowledge that,because i know other distinguished atheists have.

I don`t think its about being "in" janie.

The past hundred years has been fantastic for information.More so the last 20-30 years.

In the past if you were religious then it was a certainty your kids would follow in the same path because the parents took them to church,Sunday school etc.

Now people can do their own research and find out their is quite literally not a single shred of evidence for a god.

When you go to a church are you listening to a "man of god" or just a bloke who has read a book.

Religion is only going to wane from this point forward.Kids growing up in an internet age that did not get brainwashed when they were young, because that`s what it is when they are children.Its not teaching about god its indoctrination to a child who knows no different.

I don`t think its about being "in" janie.

The past hundred years has been fantastic for information.More so the last 20-30 years.

In the past if you were religious then it was a certainty your kids would follow in the same path because the parents took them to church,Sunday school etc.

Now people can do their own research and find out their is quite literally not a single shred of evidence for a god.

When you go to a church are you listening to a "man of god" or just a bloke who has read a book.

Religion is only going to wane from this point forward.Kids growing up in an internet age that did not get brainwashed when they were young, because that`s what it is when they are children.Its not teaching about god its indoctrination to a child who knows no different.

I don't need to go to church to listen to a man reading a book,its not about that, but if i wanted to go i want the freedom to do so.

How do you know every part of the bible is false? you can't prove that any more then i can prove otherwise.

Some of you atheists are as zealous at preaching there isn't a God as those you criticise for preaching religion.

As for religion being on the wane,i would have to agree with you about that,and much of the reason for that is the fault of the religions,but regardless of that, the essential messages of Christianity have been a force for good in our culture,and that influence will pass through generations whether they believe or not.

Don't be so convinced that the internet will crush religion,and that burning bibles will eliminate beliefs,because it won't.

Archived