Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

Chinese whispers alone makes one wonder just how reliable any relayed messages are. Never mind one from thousands of years ago. I would love to believe, sometimes even think I do but, there is always the but. Just look at the world and all the wars in the name of religion.

Chinese whispers alone makes one wonder just how reliable any relayed messages are. Never mind one from thousands of years ago. I would love to believe, sometimes even think I do but, there is always the but. Just look at the world and all the wars in the name of religion.

If everyone in the world was an atheist they're would still be wars,people would just find something else to fight about.

I don't need to go to church to listen to a man reading a book,its not about that, but if i wanted to go i want the freedom to do so.

How do you know every part of the bible is false? you can't prove that any more then i can prove otherwise.

Some of you atheists are as zealous at preaching there isn't a God as those you criticise for preaching religion.

As for religion being on the wane,i would have to agree with you about that,and much of the reason for that is the fault of the religions,but regardless of that, the essential messages of Christianity have been a force for good in our culture,and that influence will pass through generations whether they believe or not.

Don't be so convinced that the internet will crush religion,and that burning bibles will eliminate beliefs,because it won't.

I`m not preaching anything janie just stating a few truths.Its not getting at you personally.

No one even knows when the bible was written.They can estimate but not know.

Its not up to anyone to disprove it just like you cannot disprove god is a pink pig who lives in piece of cheese.The point being i just made that up but you could not prove it to be not true with evidence.

Religion isn`t needed for morals and culture.People will have and have always had that without religion.

If you are a christian the good chance is you use the bible as a moral guide.But people don`t.

People cherry pick from it or they would accept the good with the bad or the bad wouldn`t be in the bible in the first place.

So they pick good from the bad from the bible proving beyond doubt that you don`t need the bible as a moral guide in the first place.

They filter out the good from the bad using a higher source than the bible.

Themselves.

You only have to look at pictures of tiny starving kids in Ethiopia to believe there is not a god.

Not getting at you janie i like your posts its just my point of view.;)

The first rule of Chinese Whispers Club is: don't talk about Tiny Whiskers Grub.:hihi:

The first rule of church club is you tell everyone about church club. (sorry janie!!)

Simple answer is, nobody knows. Easter island, Sphinx, all could have been made by aliens. The halo around angels heads could have been a helmet and.......They could still be among us. Believe what you like, you will never know for sure!

Not getting at you janie i like your posts its just my point of view.;)

I'm not getting at anyone either,i'm just responding to comments and expressing a different point of view.

I don't want to give the impression i'm always on about religion,its just on the forum i do that,especially as it is so often mentioned here.:)

If everyone in the world was an atheist they're would still be wars,people would just find something else to fight about.

Faint praise indeed.

Those "something else's" to fight about still exist, and are still used to excuse conflict. Religion doesn't make them disappear, but merely adds another excuse. Another excuse which seems even more successful than all those other one's put together.

I don't include theism here, that is simply a positive position on a single question, and cannot on it's own motivate action. Ditto for the rejection of that position.

Religion is something else, but I don't include all of it either.

Some of it is bad though, really bad. Some of it leads to things like this ...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/video-of-8-year-old-jihad-girl-urging-islamic-uprising/story-fndo28a5-1226476305453

:(

Simple answer is, nobody knows. Easter island, Sphinx, all could have been made by aliens. The halo around angels heads could have been a helmet and.......They could still be among us. Believe what you like, you will never know for sure!

I Think your on to something there tillerman somebody got one here on CCTV

The person who peed in my gennel at 15:40 on Saturday, I presume your hands were full and you didn't notice the the CCTV camera?

If you come back you'll find the yard nicely scrubbed clean and smelling of disinfectant.

Jonathan Harston is no longer a member of Sheffield City Council and any statement he makes is entirely his own opinion.

Archived