Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the UK. People see what is happening where Muslims are the majority, and it isn't a pretty sight. People maybe scared they are looking at our own future.

No it isn't, the fastest growing religion is atheism.:suspect:

I'm running off now and fast >>>>>>>>>

As I said in another post, I am religious. I have religious beliefs, I attend religious services regularly and I (try to) follow the teaching of my religion.

That's my business. - Nobody else's.

I have a number of friends and close acquaintances. Some are religious (A few adhere to my religion, most do not.)

That's their business. Neither their religion (or lack of religious belief) nor my own should (or do) have any effect on our friendship, or on the way in which we behave towards one another.

I live in a (somewhat) civilised society.

The people who have been in the news recently are uncivilised people. Their religion is irrelevant (albeit not to them.)

They are dangerous. They are extremely dangerous. There are a number of Muslims who live near where I live.

They are civilised people and they are not dangerous. Some of them are my friends and I am not at all concerned that they might cut my head off with a rusty penknife because some plonker made a film/drew a picture/said something which upset them.

That sort of thing doesn't happen in the civilised world.

I would be very leery about travelling to the Sudan, Egypt, Tunisia, the Yemen and a number of other countries.

I sure as hell wouldn't go on holiday to any country where I felt I was at risk of being attacked by an extremist - an extremist of any religious or political persuasion.

I would also object to the people I pay taxes to using my tax money to support those countries.

Do you not think that poverty and lack of education are significant factors - ie the extreme behaviours you speak of occur mostly in poor, politically unstable and, to many western eyes, 'backward' nations?

I would say a limited education - one that heavily relies on religion - is a significant factor.

Do you mean seen by good deeds and actions? if so i would agree with that, and many atheists i know reflect a better example of that then believers.

That's just it. Kindness and charity arent things that come of religion but instead instinctively from the human heart.

I'm not atheist or very religious. Just confused as to why in this modern day and age it's suddenly become too much of an issue when we should be more concerned with the very real and difficult problems that face us all.

We need to solve these problems ourselves. No God of any religion will help us either

Do you mean seen by good deeds and actions? if so i would agree with that, and many atheists i know reflect a better example of that then believers.

Yes ... and no. You don't have to be religious to do good deeds. if you do good deeds, then (IMO) you shouldn't label them with your religion.

"I helped you because you needed help and I wanted to provide that help" is OK. (As far as I'm concerned)

"I helped you because I'm an adherent of such-and-such a sect and we do things like that" is unwarranted advertising (As far as I'm concerned.)

I'm not an evangelist. - My religion is a matter for me, my family and those who I think have a need to know or a genuine interest.

Any good works I may do I do because I think I should. -

And if and when I think about giving money to charity, or just helping somebody, I don't think "I'm doing this because my religion says I should", I think "I'm doing this because I want to."

You don't have to be religious to be good - or to be evil. There are plenty of 'good works' done in the name of religion, but then again, there are plenty of evil acts which have been done in the name of religion, too.

Atheism isn't a religion.

Yes atheism is a religion. Believers in atheism pin their faith on unscientific theories of how all things began. They generally worship their false science. A lot seem to also worship themselves considering themselves as God's. In actual fact though if you are not worshiping the one true God, then you are giving your allegiance to Satan. They also believe in evolution which is nothing more than an unproven , unprovable theory. You really have to envy there faith though, for it takes much more faith to believe in the evolutionary lie than it does to believe in God and His Creation

So there ;)

Archived