Blasphemy case against a Christian minor.

I wonder how long it will be before someone comes along and provides a link to a similar case involving Christians?.....

I thought, when I saw this thread, not another Ant-Muslim debate, it does get tedious. But then when you think about it, Muslims, on the whole, are a controversial group who are involved in most of the major conflicts around the world.

Its not the people so much. They are badly influenced by the potty Koran and dubious religious leaders...

In fairness, child rape and molestation is the Christian (particularly catholic) "vice" when it comes things religious leaders shouldn't do. But at least the pope doesn't try and cover it up.

Well not anymore.

This chap the thread is about is an awful man who won't get what's coming to him in that basket case of a country. Hopefully he'll get it in the next life.

Blasphemy laws are always used to control a population and discourage independent thought. It's depressing to see how easily some people in Islamabad have allowed themselves to go along what was so obviously a convenient way to drive out a group of people who don't subscribe to the same flavour of mumbo-jumbo as this man. I hope he's got something nasty coming his way, but I'm not sure I'll hold my breath.

Mind you, some of the attitudes towards Muslims as a whole that you get on here and elsewhere on the web seem to be as mindlessly hate-filled as this man's views on Christians. It's all very well to lay into him, but if we're going to do that we should make sure our views aren't essentially the same as his, just directed at a different group of people.

Mind you, some of the attitudes towards Muslims as a whole that you get on here and elsewhere on the web seem to be as mindlessly hate-filled as this man's views on Christians. It's all very well to lay into him, but if we're going to do that we should make sure our views aren't essentially the same as his, just directed at a different group of people.

This Imam could have got a young disabled girl executed through his own supremacist religious ideology. There is no moral equivalence between what he did, and criticising him and his ideology.

It's like saying people who criticise Nazism are as bad as Hitler. :roll:

This Imam could have got a young disabled girl executed through his own supremacist religious ideology. There is no moral equivalence between what he did, and criticising him and his ideology.

It's like saying people who criticise Nazism are as bad as Hitler. :roll:

No, that's not what I said, obviously. I said some peoples' attitudes were doubtless similar to his, just replacing 'Christians' with 'Muslims'. I didn't say that they carried out similar actions (which you knew) but if people think the same as him, how long before they start behaving like him?

To make it clear - off topic posts have been removed, bickering has been removed, racism has been removed and posts quoting same has been removed. If you don't like it go to the helpdesk and complain there.

No, that's not what I said, obviously. I said some peoples' attitudes were doubtless similar to his, just replacing 'Christians' with 'Muslims'. I didn't say that they carried out similar actions (which you knew) but if people think the same as him, how long before they start behaving like him?
And middle-eastern countries that have a zero or near zero Christian or Jewish population have achieved that how, exactly? Asking them politely to leave perhaps? I think not!

And middle-eastern countries that have a zero or near zero Christian or Jewish population have achieved that how, exactly? Asking them politely to leave perhaps? I think not!

Are you claiming mass killings/attempted genocide then? Better start naming names...

Archived