Arctic Monkeys live at the leadmill tickets on sale in the morning!!

littleboo

Fantastic idea! But I have to say these schemes rarely seem to work and though I hate the idea of the touts making money out of "real fans" who hasn't bought a ticket off a tout when they were desperate to see a band and they'd missed out on the sale date?

The problem is ebay has made people a lot more opportunistic so many people buy tickets they have no intention of using themselves but just to sell them so now it’s often the "real fans" that are doing the profiteering!

Guest Bobpants
Just read the following on the Leadmill web site, so there may be a lot of unhappy customers buying from eBay

"PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY TKTS OFF EBAY OR TOUTS AS WE KNOW THE NRS OF THE TKTS ON EBAY AND YOU WILL NOT GAIN ENTRY WITH THESE TKTS. THE LEADMILL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE TKTS AS THEY HAVE BEEN BOUGHT ILLEGALLY.

I'd be very interested to know exactly how the leadmill reckons they can do this. The thing with ebay is that it's (fairly) anonymous - the sellers don't reveal any of their personal information (names, addresses etc) until the auction is completed, and even then only the people who win the auction will find that out. Yes they could look at the pictures of the tickets, to try and get ticket numbers to work out who bought them in the first place, but unless ebay is prepared to break the data protection act (which they won't) and give out people's personal details to the leadmill they're not gonna be able to do very much.

It's a very noble idea to try and help with the problem of touts reselling tickets at such vastly inflated prices but I dont think it's gonna put many people off, especially considering at least one of the auctions has already reached the frankly ridiculous price of £155 for 2 tickets. If people have got that much money to "waste" then they're gonna get ripped off by someone at some point anyway. "A fool and his money..." n all that...

Originally posted by Tony

Hehe, it looks like eBay are pulling the touts ads :)

Some that I'd seen earlier on eBay had disappeared so I assumed that eBay had pulled them. There are still plenty on there though..

Mind you, I might be able to get some guest list tickets. :)

The leadmill are just talking rubbish.

If somebody got tickets from Jacks, then sells them on ebay without displaying the ticket number. How the hell will they know it's those tickets when somebody turns up on the night?

I understand their frustration, but they are just trying to scare people from buying them.

Originally posted by Tony

Some that I'd seen earlier on eBay had disappeared so I assumed that eBay had pulled them. There are still plenty on there though..

Mind you, I might be able to get some guest list tickets. :)

I m desperate for 2 tickets/guesties... I m a promoter in Sheffield and usually dont have problems getting on the list but this is some next level business.... cant get em for love nor money (well not less than £50 min. each

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!??!

Not a chance is what I would say. Im a promotor in same position as you and have had my account managers and all sorts trying for things but Leadmill seem to have shut everything off.

Dont know why they are surprised that the touts got them all. if you only sell the tickets in a couple of places it's easy to do.

..... anyone that can help pls PM me and I promise you I will sort you out in return! (not in a sexual way..... neccessarily)

Originally posted by mjlacey21

Not a chance is what I would say. Im a promotor in same position as you and have had my account managers and all sorts trying for things but Leadmill seem to have shut everything off.

Dont know why they are surprised that the touts got them all. if you only sell the tickets in a couple of places it's easy to do.

..... anyone that can help pls PM me and I promise you I will sort you out in return! (not in a sexual way..... neccessarily)

DITTO!!!!

Archived