Chatsworth, too expensive?

Either way, tis paid for via taxation upon the commoners.

Twas the case that NI was supposed to fund pensions. But in less than 4 week time brethren will be taxed more harshly to fund the unfunded pensions! (And ultimately the landowning elites)

So do you accept you are wrong?Too often you assert things in an authoritative fashion but too few people challenge you.

Indeed.

One shouldn't be born into owning Chatsworth. Chatsworth should be preserved and owned by the public. It has some very important history dating back to the 1380s!

It is being preserved. Chatsworth House is a charity dedicated to its upkeep and preservation. The income from visitors goes into the charitable trust fund. The restoration project underway at the moment is costing £14 million. Have you seen it?

So do you accept you are wrong?Too often you assert things in an authoritative fashion but too few people challenge you.

They are both pooled (and the rest!), and proportions of the pot is divied up.

Some think NI funds pensions, that ain't the case. It seems to be the case that we all pee in the same pot and then it is splashed around a bit (in a pecuniary manner).

I may be wrong.

Please do challenge me. If I make a mistake I need correcting.

It is being preserved. Chatsworth House is a charity dedicated to its upkeep and preservation. The income from visitors goes into the charitable trust fund. The restoration project underway at the moment is costing £14 million. Have you seen it?

2nd domesday is seldom heard of!

Not many are foolish enough to hold land in their OWN name, such is the nature of taxation upon land,

I know a lot of people that play the lottery, effectively a 28% tax upon the proles.

Its a joke restoration 14 millon. Where do they get these figures from . You could knock it down start again and build 3 more for that price. Some one has got a good contract.

Its a joke restoration 14 millon. Where do they get these figures from . You could knock it down start again and build 3 more for that price. Some one has got a good contract.

It's all a monopoly.

Check out who invented the game, and why SHE did it.

We all need to contribute to keep the poor Devonshires in the manner they are used to.They can come and look around my house for £20 each.:hihi:

Yes, Chatsworth is too expensive and what rankles even more is having to pay £3 to park there even if you're visiting the house. It's £13.50 to visit the house and gardens which is too much. A fair price would be enough to maintain the house in its current state, but it's obvious that they are charging too much as the place is being tarted up out of all recognition in current years.

Talk of the poor Devonshire's is just the usual class-hatred we know and love from SF. The Devonshire's don't own Chatsworth any more, but run it as a charitable trust. Very few people can afford to own an estate like that any more as inheritance tax would wipe out the estate every time the current owner dies. OK, it's a tax dodge as no one except the DoD has the right to live there, but it's a system that works and otherwise it would be in the hands of the National Trust and just a clone stately home.

Archived