Chatsworth, too expensive?

Sadly I have to disagree. We went on Sunday, 2 adults - £40. I asked if there was any reduction for the disabled, NO you must pay full price was the reply.

Angel.

Why should disabled pay less? And how did you pay £20 each when the complete ticket is £18? Or £13.50 if you just want the house and gardens and buy tickets online.

Why should disabled pay less? And how did you pay £20 each when the complete ticket is £18? Or £13.50 if you just want the house and gardens and buy tickets online.

Because you are talking about the House & Gardens and they are talking about the admission price to the Country Fair.

Innit!

I hav'nt got a time machine. :loopy::suspect:

France have not resurrected their royalty so why not go live there now?

But why not go and live in France now if you think their system is better, then you can complain about paying taxes to cover a president, his palace and entourage and I am sure there will be plenty of chateau’s whose admission prices you can moan about

Hey up! the president is working for a living, running their country, it's called perks of the job, not like the royal lay abouts in this country, doing nowt but ponce, and ponce around shekkin hands, when they are not naked, taking drugs, and wearing Nazi unforms. Go on say it, they are worth every penny.:huh:

I bet you'd find many people in France who would disagree with you.

Actually many "local" people ... lol .. say it's too expensive now. My sister used to go every year and stayed, because she helped run the Mencap Stall. She has retired from that now and her husband asked if she would like to go on Sunday but she said, "Not at that price" ...

I didn't go so I can't really complain, but I considered going until I listened to the radio report used on Radio Sheffield to drum up custom and found out they wanted £20 to get in the arena. I even got the impression that the organiser of the show was trying to avoid giving out the price on the radio and must have been asked by the interviewer three times.

Actually many "local" people ... lol .. say it's too expensive now. My sister used to go every year and stayed, because she helped run the Mencap Stall. She has retired from that now and her husband asked if she would like to go on Sunday but she said, "Not at that price" ...

What a waste of time and money.Whats the fun in looking round anther persons house?Its perhaps a little larger than average but it also represents centuries of oppression where the various dukes exploited the peasantry while feasting on the their labours.I will never fawn to the ruling classes and would not walk round for free,even if they accepted Aldi vouchers.

Drivel and posts quoting same removed. It would be such a change if for once a thread could stay on topic without people dragging their tedious personal agendas into things.
It would be a change if you could leave them alone for a while.

Archived