The Washington pub

Mercenary

It's a good place but I went in a week or two ago and it smelled strongly of wet dogs so we went into the lounge and it absolutely stank of fish for some reason! They weren't serving any or anything, but it really reeked of it, people were commenting as they walked in.

Unless a disgruntled ex-employee stuck an old halibut in an air vent or something, I can't think what it was all about. Most odd.

It's a good place but I went in a week or two ago and it smelled strongly of wet dogs so we went into the lounge and it absolutely stank of fish for some reason! They weren't serving any or anything, but it really reeked of it, people were commenting as they walked in.

Unless a disgruntled ex-employee stuck an old halibut in an air vent or something, I can't think what it was all about. Most odd.

Was that the rainy night the Laudrup brothers were in? They are both Great Danes after all.

And that plaice always smells of fish.......

(I'll get me coat)

PS. Love The Washington.

It is more than £3, when I went in recently I am sure it was around £3.30 to £3.50 mark for the normal lager.

£3.50 a pint! geez it needs to be something special plenty of pubs round their selling lager £1 less than that.

Archived