George Osbourne booed at Paralympics

Not even the US would tax the actual medal. I just object to The Daily Mail's typical disregard for the truth. To quote "But some of the medals handed out at the London 2012 Olympics are actually worth less than £3."

No Olympic medal ever won is worth £3. Also, what do they expect a bronze medal to made out of? It would defeat the object of the Games a little if all the medals were made of gold.

Yet if you read the article that's exactly what they do do, and why there is to be a bill presented to stop this from occuring...

A medal is worth whatever it's metal content is. It's value however is highly veriable, to me it would be valueless as I didn't win it but I'm sure as you say to the actually winners it's probably valued beyond measure.

Well, what did he expect as the disabled face cuts to their benefits? Whose bright idea was it for him to even think about awarding medals to the athletes at the Paralympics? Typical Tories, out of touch as usual.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/03/george-osborne-booed-paralympics?newsfeed=

It would have been funny if as one paralympian was bowing to accept the medal, he had 'dropped the nut' on his conk!

Pompous, condecending, out of touch little twonk!

Yet if you read the article that's exactly what they do do, and why there is to be a bill presented to stop this from occuring...

A medal is worth whatever it's metal content is. It's value however is highly veriable, to me it would be valueless as I didn't win it but I'm sure as you say to the actually winners it's probably valued beyond measure.

I'm talking about the value of an Olympic or Paralympic medal on the open market. Sure it's variable but it's never £3. You say it's valueless to you but don't tell me if someone offered to sell you an Olympic bronze medal for £3 you'd decline.

I saw an England shirt from the 1950s sell at a local auction house for £700+ the other day, yet that's only made out of cotton. The Mona Lisa must just be a worthless piece of old canvas and wood in the eyes of whoever wrote that article.

Surely the scum must have expected it?

Why do you think it bolsters you position to abuse people with terms like that? It seems a peculiar trait to have for people of a certain political inclination and it's not becoming regardless of which side of the fence you sit

I like the way the kids with the medals on the cushions are just laughing in his face.

:thumbsup:

I was once fortunate to talk with someone who advises the Chancellor. When i asked what was he like to deal with, he stated "He's very vain."

I reckon his vanity would not have coped with those boo's yesterday. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why do you think it bolsters you position to abuse people with terms like that? It seems a peculiar trait to have for people of a certain political inclination and it's not becoming regardless of which side of the fence you sit

People are dying and suffering greatly by virtue of the decisions that he makes. The word is very apt. Also he is not a tory as you appear to suggest.:huh:

He is a traitor democrat.

Archived