What rights does my bf's wife have

my boyfriends wife left him 2 yr ago for another man, she had been cheating on him for a while, but they have a mortgage together but like i said she left 2 yr ago and not paid anything on it in that time.... does anyone no if she can make him sell or anything as she is saying that she will or she wants 20 grand but there isnt 20 grand in equity to come if he sells he has no home and no money and she will still have a home with her lover but no money from house.... really dont no what to do this is getting to him and our realationship.

my boyfriends wife left him 2 yr ago for another man, she had been cheating on him for a while, but they have a mortgage together but like i said she left 2 yr ago and not paid anything on it in that time.... does anyone no if she can make him sell or anything as she is saying that she will or she wants 20 grand but there isnt 20 grand in equity to come if he sells he has no home and no money and she will still have a home with her lover but no money from house.... really dont no what to do this is getting to him and our realationship.

the house will have to be sold i believe, or one of you can buy the other out for half the price of house if one of you wants to live in it, my sis had this problem, but seek legal advice if you are wanting 100% reasurance, good luck :)

I think she can ask for half of the equity in the house at the time that she left. Which is more or less what I got when I left my ex husband.

If the equity was zero at the time, then she'll get nothing. She isn't entitled to half the value of the house, as they don't own it, the mortgage company do.

See a solicitor.

x

I think she can ask for half of the equity in the house at the time that she left. Which is more or less what I got when I left my ex husband.

If the equity was zero at the time, then she'll get nothing. She isn't entitled to half the value of the house, as they don't own it, the mortgage company do.

See a solicitor.

x

That's absolutely correct.

You can only get what equity is in the house which come after everything else has been deducted including estate agent fees, solicitors etc etc, then what is left, you split.

Archived