What rights does my bf's wife have

Not true it's always split 50/50. I got divorced after my wife had an affair and the judge gave her the house and all equity, as she is schizophrenic and unable to work. She argued that her mental illness meant that being forced to move/sell could precipitate a psychotic and possibly suicidal episode as she'd lived there for 20 years and it was her sanctuary.

As soon as my name was off the deeds, she put it on the market and pocketed £90K after the mortgage was paid off, then used her schizophrenia to obtain a nice council house.

I didn't come out of it with nothing though - he gave me all the matrimonial debts, totalling around £20K, including £4k she'd paid for breast reduction surgery.

Despite supposed impartiality, the judge clearly sided with her and told me I'd eventually 'get back on my feet'. Well, eight years later, I'm scraping by, but still burdened by his gullibility.

thankyou all for your comments, very useful information, its just really wittling me as we are wanting to move in together but this is in the way at min and my bf said there isnt no equity to come out of it so if they sell theres nothing, but he will be homeless while she still living with lover and ive been paying into the house, cant wait till its done with so we can just be happy x

Not true it's always split 50/50. I got divorced after my wife had an affair and the judge gave her the house and all equity, as she is schizophrenic and unable to work. She argued that her mental illness meant that being forced to move/sell could precipitate a psychotic and possibly suicidal episode as she'd lived there for 20 years and it was her sanctuary.

As soon as my name was off the deeds, she put it on the market and pocketed £90K after the mortgage was paid off, then used her schizophrenia to obtain a nice council house.

I didn't come out of it with nothing though - he gave me all the matrimonial debts, totalling around £20K, including £4k she'd paid for breast reduction surgery.

Despite supposed impartiality, the judge clearly sided with her and told me I'd eventually 'get back on my feet'. Well, eight years later, I'm scraping by, but still burdened by his gullibility.

Wow, I'm guessing they change it for exceptional circumstances then, his was very cut and dry where he had solely paid the mortgage for almost two years and it was a very simple divorce. Sounds awful :(

Archived