Cameron reshuffle sees Department of Health idiot replaced with moron

I didn't realise he was on the bidding committee or in charge of LOCOG.

Explain what he personally did to get the Olympics, build the stadia, organise the athlete's village, present the TV coverage, enthuse the crowds, motivate the athletes etc etc

It's like saying the environment minister is responsible for the majesty of The Lake District.

He was the Minister responsible for the Olympics, if it had been a disaster he would have been blamed, it was a success, he is entitled to praise.

The environment minister is responsible for the management of the Lake District. If it is mismanaged he will be critiscised and will be sacked, if he does a good job he should be praised.

Why is this difficult for you? I hope its not because he happens to be a Tory?

He was the Minister responsible for the Olympics, if it had been a disaster he would have been blamed, it was a success, he is entitled to praise.

The environment minister is responsible for the management of the Lake District. If it is mismanaged he will be critiscised and will be sacked, if he does a good job he should be praised.

Its the same with most public sector positions. They do something wrong and there's calls for sackings.

But do something positive, or above and beyond, and it gets ignored.

I've worked in cutting the energy consumption in three schools to be halved. It wasn't my job, I just saw it as a good thing to do to save public sector money. I didn't get any credit for it or a big award.

And it was the same with the school BSF scheme. A shocking amount of wasted money and tinpot ideas. It was halted after the election but all you saw was whinging that the Tories had stopped building schools.

Maybe they did, but more importantly they'd stopped an untested idea of giving every pupil an iPad, which had astronomical costs and no evidence they enhanced teaching & learning, or were even the most suitable device (a Netbook or Dell Mini notebook would have been cheaper and better).

Its the same with most public sector positions. They do something wrong and there's calls for sackings.

But do something positive, or above and beyond, and it gets ignored.

I've worked in cutting the energy consumption in three schools to be halved. It wasn't my job, I just saw it as a good thing to do to save public sector money. I didn't get any credit for it or a big award.

And it was the same with the school BSF scheme. A shocking amount of wasted money and tinpot ideas. It was halted after the election but all you saw was whinging that the Tories had stopped building schools.

Maybe they did, but more importantly they'd stopped an untested idea of giving every pupil an iPad, which had astronomical costs and no evidence they enhanced teaching & learning, or were even the most suitable device (a Netbook or Dell Mini notebook would have been cheaper and better).

Thank you, I had not heard of the I Pad story, but wonder at the sense of giving such items to children so many of whom are illiterate.

YES. He is the Minister responsible he should have the credit. You would be screaming for his head had there been a disaster.

You cant have it both ways.

I'm not trying to have it both ways at all. As Scare rightly said at 12:08:

"Jeremy hunt did not make a success of the olympics, all the athletes and all the voluntary people who worked for naff all did that".

I would not have called for Hunt's head had the Olympics been a disaster, as I couldn't care less about the Olympics. In fact, had I known that Cameron would move Hunt to the Health Dept to run the NHS (which I do care about), I would have happily written to Cameron to encourage him to keep Hunt at the Department for C,M,& S. on the basis that having Hunt at Health is as disasterous as having Harlold Shipman run a hospital geriatric department.

Why is this difficult for you? I hope its not because he happens to be a Tory?

Tell me what he did to get the Olympics to London, to make sure the stadia were built, to get the athletes to compete, to get the crowds to watch, to get the TV to broadcast it...etc etc etc

Do you really think the environment minister has any say whatsoever in how good Skiddaw looks on a Spring morning?

If you want to congratulate any politician for the success of the Olympics why aren't you enthusing about Ken Livingstone and Tony Blair?

In the short life of Jeremy hunt

2009 - steals £20,000 of tax payers money

2010 - appointed sport minister (which also involves the olympics)

Does a few phone calls and visits the olympics site now and again to see the people who are doing the work for him

2012 - is credited with the success of the olympics and wins man of the year award

I don't mind praising politicians but on this occasion it was the people's olympics that made it a success not Jeremy hunt who was paid

Oh and this as recently as April this year

Tax avoidance

In April 2012, immediately following David Cameron's statement that he would not associate himself with anyone who carried out “aggressive tax avoidance”, the Daily Telegraph disclosed that Hunt had reduced his tax bill by over £100,000 by receiving dividends from Hotcourses in the form of property which was promptly leased back to the company. The dividend in specie was paid just before a 10% rise in dividend tax and Hunt was not required to pay stamp duty on the property.

In the short life of Jeremy hunt

2009 - steals £20,000 of tax payers money

2010 - appointed sport minister (which also involves the olympics)

Does a few phone calls and visits the olympics site now and again to see the people who are doing the work for him

2012 - is credited with the success of the olympics and wins man of the year award

I don't mind praising politicians but on this occasion it was the people's olympics that made it a success not Jeremy hunt who was paid

Oh and this as recently as April this year

Tax avoidance

In April 2012, immediately following David Cameron's statement that he would not associate himself with anyone who carried out “aggressive tax avoidance”, the Daily Telegraph disclosed that Hunt had reduced his tax bill by over £100,000 by receiving dividends from Hotcourses in the form of property which was promptly leased back to the company. The dividend in specie was paid just before a 10% rise in dividend tax and Hunt was not required to pay stamp duty on the property.

In true house of commons style...here here here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

YES. He is the Minister responsible he should have the credit. You would be screaming for his head had there been a disaster.

You cant have it both ways.

So he should also take the balme from the G$S debacle, the fact that thousands of troops had to be drafted in at short-notice to cover, and the fact that because of the short-notice requirements placed on the military it will not reach operational stability again for months.

Archived