Too good to be true or not

This should make you think if nothing els, abit of C&P

Bargain cars always attract a lot of responses, especially via e-mail. The fraudsters then try to get potential buyers to send large deposits to secure either delivery of the car or to be the first to look at it. The car probably doesn't even exist - often the pictures have the number plates blanked out or inconsistencies. IF THE PRICE OF A CAR SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE - TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! If anyone's ever in a hurry to sell a car they can sell it to a dealer at a knockdown price rather than punt it around the internet.

I often see people selling puppies on Gumtree - at about 10% of their actual value. The first thing I note is their number. Normally starts 070 which means it is premium rate. I email them just for the laugh and their funny stories. Advert states the puppies are in Sheffield/Leeds etc but you can guarantee the seller has just moved to Ireland or the Isle of Wight as their wife has just died and they can't bear to be at home. Don't worry though, they'll pay for the shipping! Want to collect in person? You can't as the puppies have gone to quarantine for customs for the shipping. They need a quick sale as now the puppies are all alone and sad and missing their recently deceased lady owner :(

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I often see people selling puppies on Gumtree - at about 10% of their actual value. The first thing I note is their number. Normally starts 070 which means it is premium rate. I email them just for the laugh and their funny stories. Advert states the puppies are in Sheffield/Leeds etc but you can guarantee the seller has just moved to Ireland or the Isle of Wight as their wife has just died and they can't bear to be at home. Don't worry though, they'll pay for the shipping! Want to collect in person? You can't as the puppies have gone to quarantine for customs for the shipping. They need a quick sale as now the puppies are all alone and sad and missing their recently deceased lady owner :(

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yes my wife nearly fell for one of these concerning yorkie pups, i didn't know anything about it until she mentioned she was buying a pup but the person wanted paying into a Cameroon account despite the pups coming from scotland. I looked at the emails and I was angry my wife could be so gullible, though I just stopped it in time so I'm grateful for that....people might remember the yorkie pup story, they were making out a litter were found in the cold and abandoned in scotland

Infact if I remember rightly I think it was gumtree it was posted on, im sure it were

Archived