Do the Police sell their Logo?

I wasn't quite sure how to title this so please bear with me.

This morning I had a phone call from what sounded like a call centre, the Man was very well spoken and asked if I would like to have the Police logo on things such as business cards, my website etc, there was no number on my phone it came up as unknown.

It is apparently some kind of community policing thing...the cost of being able to use the logo is £140, surely this can't be right, is it a scam? and has anyone else ever had experience of this?

I think I'd call the police and ask them that question, and if the answer is that they never do, then you may have some important information such as phone number, website address or whatever that they can use to investigate whoever is doing this.

If you know exactly when the call happened, and particularly if there were no other calls just before and just after that one, the number calling you could be traced by the police. Just because the number isn't shown to you doesn't mean that it's not available to your phone network and therefore also to the police investigating this.

I'm guessing that they sell the Logo to make a person appear more trustworthy to customers or members of the public, the worry is that some people might well be gullible enough to pay up to further their business.

I think that you may be right Medusa I will give them a call and see what happens.

I wasn't quite sure how to title this so please bear with me.

This morning I had a phone call from what sounded like a call centre, the Man was very well spoken and asked if I would like to have the Police logo on things such as business cards, my website etc, there was no number on my phone it came up as unknown.

It is apparently some kind of community policing thing...the cost of being able to use the logo is £140, surely this can't be right, is it a scam? and has anyone else ever had experience of this?

It's a scam...no if's but's or maybe's...it's a definite scam!

Archived