Who is feeling the pinch of the recession?

No flash car, no shoppin at M&S, no hols, I'm still over weight so not a rock bottom yet. At least I'm fit and well as are my family. Its all relative, even before the resession we still found reasons to be glum. I look at what realy makes me happy now and it ain't material tings. Then again my mortgage is paid in 2 years so I can down size and build me son his first house.

What about gears, what about the fact that people are using them to get to work.

Next you will be saying they don’t need mudguards ….. is a line of mud straight down you back fashionable for people that use racers in the rain.

I commute every day on a road bike, with mudguards. It even has gears....

Far more suitable for commuting than a mountain bike, because its designed for riding on the road, hence the name.

I have used it to commute in the rain, in the early hours, whenever. Its called willpower.

£1680 a year, she should either shop around for a cheaper car insurance company, drive the smallest car for tax purposes, and as far as petrol is concearned, get out of the car now and again and walk.:loopy:

The loopy smiley is a bit unnecassary; the £140 a month figure that the OP stated is about right, fuel costs are shocking.

Far more suitable for commuting than a mountain bike, because its designed for riding on the road, hence the name.

I have used it to commute in the rain, in the early hours, whenever. Its called willpower.

I was responding to a post where someone suggested using a racer ………… its called reading the posts.

PS

I used a touring bike in all weathers at 5am to get to for the start of a 12hr day and at 6am after a 12 hr night shift ,,,, that’s called willpower.

It's strange how mountain bikes suddenly took off. Their popularity may have been as a result of:

a. more gears

b. the bad state and condition of our roads these days.

c. people wanting to get off the roads on their bike.

Yes, but that is just my point. They could have chosen to do that with any bicycle, it's just odd how most people chose a mountain bike rather than racer.

Because of the thick tyres you probably get less punctures riding a mountain bike.

You still haven’t grasped the idea that people would be going to work and not just going out for a ride ………….. I used to have a touring bike, you need mudguards and somewhere to put your bag …….. you don’t get that with a racer.

You can have mudguards and everything on a racer, mine has mudguards...i know what you mean now by mentioning gears, of course racers have gears, just the same as a mountain bike

Archived