Instant Karma - your stories

I wasn't looking at it from my point of view, I merely imagined myself in his shoes and wondered if he was thinking it could be Karma.

Oh I see...well yes he probably was. He'll be telling the story for years to come! Although I'm not sure how he would explain his idiocy crossing the road!

Don't have any, I'm not that nasty and vindictive enough to seek retribution for everything inflicted on me, otherwise I'd never be happy.

The guy who bullied me at school for 3 years and made my life a misery died of bowl cancer, slowly, he also got 6 mth for beatin his wife. No great loss hope he rots. There thats better.:hihi:

I do wonder about the people who drive around like plonkers with their business livery all over their vehicles. The concept of Karma must not enter into their minds.
Nothing to do with karma as such, IMHO, as what you allude to is by definition self-inflicted ('happenstance' does not play a role at all in the 'payback').

I'd think about it more in terms of "self-sabotaging one's goodwill". A bit like your interviewee, actually. Riche's example above strikes me as more appropriate to demonstrate 'karma'.

I see 'instant karma' (within your meaning) most weeks in a business context, with prospective clients not wanting to pay for my services, but trying to extract free advice 'on the sly' then DIY-ing their own applications. Which, then, either fail abjectly, or succeed but are economically worthless. Again, that's more self-inflicted than 'karma' as such.

Now, if your interviewee had proceeded to cross the road and, defiantly looking you in the eye whilst doing so, was accidentally bumped by a falling lamp post...that I would call instant karma :twisted::D

Some people believe in the concepts of Karma, Law of Return, or Heaven & Hell where there is some sort of supernatural balancing of one's actions and deeds.

It's a nice thought but I don't believe in those things, whilst I do accept the rational and humanist concept that you can you reap what you sow.

I do believe in coincidence though.

Yesterday morning I was driving to work when a chap stepped into the road some 10 yards in front. You know the sort, decided he was going to stay there, hardly moving, and stare at you as if your car shouldn't be on the road, arrogantly forcing you to slow to a halt, before skipping off with another "victory" under their belt.

Well imagine how my schadenfreude meter spiked when this chap turned up for a job interview yesterday afternoon. It was never mentioned, but I could tell that he recognised me and knew I recognised him, and realised he had already failed to get the job that he wanted.

Instant Karma?

No, that sounds more like spite.

Karma is more like this story.

Last snow fall, when we had it really bad and the roads were shocking the bin men were on their rounds dispite the snow but boy were they making a meal of it.

On Leighton road, just past the old Far Lees pub the road was sinlge lane due to the snow and this bin wagon took 40 minutes to move from the pub to just past the Wyvern. Stopping in the middle of the road, emptying bins, making the traffic wait, really taking the mick.

Of course it made me late and so when he turned off the road to go near the flats he got stuck.

I mean really stuck!

So i wound the window down and shouted "Karmas an effin bitch mate" at which point i skidded and almost hit the bus stop (thankfully no on there) only the hear the bin man shout "Yeah, I see what you mean!!"

A bit of double karma i think.

The guy who bullied me at school for 3 years and made my life a misery died of bowl cancer, slowly, he also got 6 mth for beatin his wife. No great loss hope he rots. There thats better.:hihi:

Say what you mean will you.

Jeez i hate these fence sitters who never tell you their real feelings!!

I have a St Christopher medal hanging from the rear view mirror of my car,that always keeps me karma.

Though the way things are going lately it wouldn't surprise me if i was stopped by the Police in the not too distant future, asking me to remove it because i was causing offense to the public.

Archived