Think you own your music??

Think again! That is, if your music has been downloaded from iTunes.

I only discovered this after reading the story about Bruce Willis wanting to pass on his iTunes collection to his children after he dies.

Apparently, the small print states, that you are only loaning the music from iTunes and once you pass away, your collection passes back to Apple!

Also, something else that I didn't know, Apple can freeze or cancel your account if they suspect that you are sharing your MP3 files, even with friends or family......and the best bit, they can close your account if they find out that you are putting the MP3 files on any other device, other than an iPod.

Personally, I prefer owning a hard copy of the CD or vinyl, then at least I know it belongs to me!

I only discovered this after reading the story about Bruce Willis wanting to pass on his iTunes collection to his children after he dies.

Apparently, the small print states, that you are only loaning the music from iTunes and once you pass away, your collection passes back to Apple!

Also, something else that I didn't know, Apple can freeze or cancel your account if they suspect that you are sharing your MP3 files, even with friends or family......and the best bit, they can close your account if they find out that you are putting the MP3 files on any other device, other than an iPod.

Personally, I prefer owning a hard copy of the CD or vinyl, then at least I know it belongs to me!

I agree with you. I much prefer to have something physical that I buy, rather than a pile of computer code!

Having said that, I'm not sure my kids would want my music when I pass on. :hihi:

I agree with you. I much prefer to have something physical that I buy, rather than a pile of computer code!

Having said that, I'm not sure my kids would want my music when I pass on. :hihi:

Nothing beats a shiny new 12" vinyl. I still think you can't beat the sound. Plus, I like admire the cover art work.

Nothing beats a shiny new 12" vinyl. I still think you can't beat the sound. Plus, I like admire the cover art work.

Ah, those were the days. I'm afraid my vinyl collection has long since gone!

Yes I liked the artwork too. Nowadays the print on a cd cover is so small that you need a magnifying glass to read it!

Is it me, or were the 'stereo' mixes much better then too? Nowadays they don't seem to bother with using the effect of stereo?

and they have a gall to moan about piracy :rolleyes:

greed pure and simple

how about we all LOAN them the money? and the record companies who we buy the music from on tapes, vinyl, cds, special editions, super special editions, super duper special deluxe editions with bonus tracks

Yeah you don't hear much of the Bonzo Doo Daa Band these days. :hihi::gag::suspect:

Archived