Anybody been to a wedding reception at the chimney house?

Kandg

We played a function there once (a party, not a wedding), but it was very nice. The room was very nicely decorated and everything seemed to go swimmingly. The chap who organised the event from the venue's side was Richard, although his surname escapes me right now. Very nice man though and very helpful. Some venues prove more helpful than others to your suppliers, but he was great - we could turn up when we needed, souncheck when we needed etc.

Have to say, we enjoyed playing there.

Thanks for the positive replies!

We went to look round y/day and the girl who showed us round was lovely. So nice to hear someone who really seems to like where they work! The place is amazing. It so quirky and intimate. I am not sure if we are going to book for 2 reasons though - we need room for 70 people and we feel it may be a bit small, there isnt much room for my neices and nephews to run around. We may however reduce our guest numbers. The other thing is they only open to 11 and we were hoping to celebrate for a little longer. If anyone wants to have something really personalised and fun though would def recommend here esp for birthdays and smaller celebrations.

We also looked at kelham Island Museum which my fiancee loved!

Kelham Island is great too - if you go for the full hall, it's massive! Played a party there this year too and there's so much room (plus it sounds surprisingly good for a band venue).

Have you tried all the other well known venues? Whirlowbrook, whirlow grange, kenwood, hilton, aston hall, places like that?

Thanks for the suggestions. We wanted something a bit different and quirky and Kelham Island seems to fit the bill. As its Feb we dont want to pay for outside space that prob wont get used and I felt that some places were too " wedding - ey" for us. Set menus, drinks packages etc. Its going to be very informal and more of a party we want. Plus, being on a small budget we didnt need things that we were paying for with some of the larger venues. I like the idea of being surrounded by all of history in the museum, we think we are going to look at the smaller room downstairs as they said it may be v cold in Feb in the huge space above. Really nice manager too. Not pushy at all.

Archived